Blessings A One Direction Fanfiction

Hey guyss so this is my new story!! enjoyy! ;D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER 1

* Riley's POV *

I stared down at the small pool of blood beginning to collect at my feet. The white bathroom tile would probably get stained , again. But that's okay , it's not like my mum wouldn't notice anyway.

          I winced at the stinging begging to get worse. I took a hesitant look at my left wrist , bad idea. This cut was deeper that the rest I had made before. I never knew a razor could cut that deep. I just stared at the steady flowing red stream trickling down my arm and landing on the tile floor. It was like I couldn't stop looking at it , it just reminded me of how much I deserved every bit of pain I'm causing.

           After a good 10 minutes of just staring , I heard my mother yell my name. Shit.

          I ran across the bathroom grabbing some toilet paper and holding it to my cut. I immediately chocked back a scream , damn this cut is a deep one.

          I peeked my head out the bathroom door and carefully shuffled to her bedroom door still holding the toilet paper to my wrist.

Before I could even get two words in she started screaming at me. Mostly curses.

" WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?! WHAT HAS TAKEN YOU SO DAMN LONG?!"

I winced at her words.

          Before I answered, I took the chance to re-examine her room. It's gotten worse since the last time I've been in here. The mountain of clothes has gotten bigger. There was garbage everywhere! Even on her bed. Empty beer cans littered the ground , and the smell was rank. She had all the lights off and the drapes were drawn shut. Only a small eerie glow was coming through the room due  to the small bit of light seeping through the door frame. My eyes landed on her. Her skin was flushed a weird grey color , and her cheeks were sunken in . She had bags under her eyes from sleepless nights. She wore the same ragged night dress that had holes everywhere. Her blond hair lost it's perky glow and was a dull grey color and was in tangled mess . She looked horrible. It's hard for me to remember when she wasn't like this.

* flashback *

          " Hey mum hey dad were home! " I yelled through the house.

I could smell dinner cooking. Mum is the best cook I know!

I let go of my little sister Macy's hand and she ran to the kitchen jumping in mums arms. She flashed me a toothy smile as I walked through the kitchen before she turned her attention back to Macy. She was wearing the usual cloths , her blond hair pulled back into a bun , wearing sweatpants and a apron. That's her usual cooking cloths , she loves to be comfy while around the house.

          " Hi sweetie. " I heard a husky voice say from behind me . I turned and ran into the arms of my dad.

          " Dad! Your home early! " I ran into his arms and hugged him tightly. Dad's a trucker , he's mostly on the road but he came home early.

" I couldn't miss my baby girls 14th birthday! " He exclaimed

I hugged him even tighter.

" Thanks dad , I miss you when your not here. "

I buried my head into his chest trying to savor this moment forever

" I miss you too baby girl , but I want you to know , where ever I am I will always be here for you. "  He mumbled into my hair.