Sakura's resolve! The Demon of the mist

Disclaimer

Me: Today no one does the disclaimer but me.

Naruto: What! Why?

Me: Because I have a special announcement.... where are my papers with the announcements.

Naruto: You mean these?

Me: when did you-

Naruto: I am a master prankster. remember. *hands paper back*

Me: Naruto and Naruto shippuden are owned by Masashi Kishimoto, TV Tokyo and Viz media. Please support his complete awesomeness and sexine- You bastard!

Naruto: What's so wrong with speaking the truth. I hope your not too mad about it.

Me: I am going to obliterate your very existence!

Naruto: so is that a yes or- (choking noises are heard)

Me: Take that! do that again and I won't stop next time. we clear!

Naruto(Gasping): Your just made 'cause I'm such a badass.

...

Devon's P.O.V.

I sliced into my imaginary foe with Aozora again as sweat rolled off my chin. It's been two days since we set off toward Wave and while there hasn't been another attempt on Tazuna's life I can't seem to calm down. I feel like something big is coming, Something dangerous. The feeling hasn't been made better by the fact that sensei says it will be at least a week before we arrive.

Naruto and Sasuke sense it too. They've been preparing non-stop just as I have. Even Kakashi has taken to practicing himself and throwing us a few tips now and then.

Then there's the problem Naruto and Sakura present. Sakura Doesn't train hard enough. All she does is watch Sasuke train and when she does practice she just goes through the motions. If this keeps up she'll become a liability to the whole team. It pisses me off seeing her give up so easily.

Naruto on the other hand has the exact OPPOSITE problem that Sakura does. He's running himself into the ground. He puts in twice as much time as the rest of us. I'm worried that if we are attacked he'll be too tired to do anything. 

I've let this go on long enough. Now I've got to do something. 

...

It was just my luck that Sakura went off on her own after dinner.

I got up and walked off a few minutes later.

It took a while to find her. She was sitting on a branch high off the ground. I jumped up and sat beside her.

I turned toward her to talk only to see her looking up at the stars with tears streaming down her face. "Sakura" I whisper.

"Pitiful right?" She says as she turns to look at me. "I'm supposed to be a powerful kunoichi yet I'm sitting here bawling like a baby." 

"What's wrong Sakura?" 

"Maybe my mom is right!" She sobbed. 

"Right about what?" I asked, fearing where this conversation was heading.

"I'm not cut out to be a ninja am I! I"m Useless! All I ever do is cry " She suddenly blurts out.

"that's for you to deci-"

"you're avoiding the question."

"Sakura, you're putting too much stock on other's opinions" I tell her.