Demon Brothers

Devon's P.O.V.

I studied the old man took another long swig of what i guessed was sake. He didn't seem to think too highly of us from his previous comment.

It didn't matter much to me because the feeling was mutual. I instantly disliked him as soon I saw that he was drunk. Drinking impairs your decision making capabilities and yet this guy has the nerve to sip some sake before embarking on a mission.

At least he prepared properly. He had a small pack and a sleeping bag tied to his back. The choice to pack light was a smart one as anything could happen and we may have to act fast. Maybe he's not so bad after all.

His next comment however would prove my last thought wrong.

"These kids barely look able to take care of themselves. How will they manage with me as a responsibility as well. I especially disapprove of the midget."

Naruto looked around laughing. "heh, who's the midget?" he asked looking around.

I was slightly shorter than Sasuke yet taller than Sakura making Naruto the shortest. It took a few seconds for Naruto to figure out that he was the one man was talking about.

"I am going to kill him!" Naruto screamed out as he charged only to be held back by Kakashi-sensei.

"You cant do that because we're supposed to protect him Naruto." He then turned his attention to our client. "I think you'll find these four more than capable of carrying out the mission. Plus," He added. "I myself am an experienced Jounin."

"Whatever," He said dismissively. "I am the bridge builder Tazuna and you will escort me to my home country making sure no harm comes to me. I expect you to protect me with your lives, though I doubt you can."

"You know," I told him barely containing my obvious dislike toward him. "You can't just arbitrarily come to conclusion about people"

"I know you are a brat" he says looking at me for the first time.

It's very hard to make me angry. One of the things that will always set me off however, is treating someone you barely know like they're less than you are,

"You conceited bastard" I muttered under my breath.

"You'll meet him at the gate in an hour" announced the Hokage who had been quiet for a while.

Observing our exchange just now most likely.

With gave an affirmative and left out of the room in silence.

"Well, you heard him" Kakashi says before fading away.

...

The second we reached the gate I looked behind me at Konoha before turning back to the gate. It opened outward to reveal a dirt road with nothing but trees on ether side. My first C rank Mission.

I was pulled back to reality by a excited yelp from Naruto as he rushed to the other side and looked around.

"What's up with you?" Sakura decided to question him.

"This is first time I ever left the village," Naruto explained. "I'm a traveler now believe it!"

Tazuna sighed. "This guy is a joke."

Naruto quickly turned and pointed at him. "I'll have you know that I'm going to be the greatest Hokage that ever lived!"

Tazuna took a sip from his drink before continuing to insult the blonde. "Hokage are powerful and wise while you are a weak idiot."