Rain

Normal P.O.V.

 Devon Setzuna felt the first drops hit him as the rain fell from the heavens above. Rain? It had never rained this long before, it was going on 6 days. He found himself pondering the effect rain had on people. Many think rain is a symbol of sadness, of depression and inner fears. They stay inside and don't come outside till it has run its course.

 Devon however, thought of rain as a bringer of second chances. It was an opportunity to cast your old self away and try to be something else, something different. The same way it could give plants life it could give it to him as well. Wash it all away, he thought as he moved toward the academy. 

 Today would be his last day. He might not know what will happen when he becomes a ninja, but he wants to be as powerful as Lord 3rd. As Hokage he leads the village and is admired by us all.

Being Hokage is not his dream. He just wants to be strong and protect others like Sarutobi so others can see he is just as good as they are.

Apparently, when his clan was annihilated the attackers deemed him not worthy enough to waste their time on. According to Sarutobi, they found Devon at the clan compound alone and crying. The villagers hated his clan because they were narcissists. I'm glad no one comes out in the rain, it means they can't watch me with their hateful and judgmental stares.

His clan considered only four clans in the world over to be their equal; The Hyuga, Uzumaki, Senju and Uchiha. It's ironic that four of the five most powerful clans are almost extinct.  

 So far He's met 3 kids from the other clans; Sasuke Uchiha, Naruto Uzumaki and Neji Hyuga. Its was a weird experience to see how he could've turned out. Naruto and sasuke, like him, both have had their family wiped out yet they couldn't have turned out more different. Neji and Sasuke are cold and indifferent towards everyone. Naruto, on the other hand is loud and is unembarrassed by almost anything that may happen to him. It's said that his clan is just as powerful as the other four. Its even said that just like the Uchiha, and hashirama senju they posses the innate ability to suppress the nine tails. This is actually a part of the reason why Naruto suffers so much. See, he didn't inherent any of his clans talent. Absolutely NONE.  No signature jutsu, taijutsu or genjutsu.

 The villagers already had a deep seated hatred for Naruto for god knows what reason. This only gave them ideas for insults they could throw at him. They told him he was a failure and a disgrace to the Uzumaki name. Devon knows their dislike towards him goes further than mere discrimination. Its almost as if they hated the simple fact that he existed. As wrong as it sounds that's why we're friends. Sasuke may dislike them as much as he does everyone else but even he acknowledges that the 3 of them are able to relate to each other in a way no one else would get.

 Pain just works that way, Devon thought as he walked up the steps to the academy. Only when you understand one's pain are you truly able to relate to that person.

 These are the types of things that whirled through Devon's head as he stepped into the classroom to hear his classmates yelling.

"Already", he groaned as he stepped inside.

.......

 Naruto'sP.O.V.

I was glad it was raining. It meant i could leave the house without their prying eyes. That was the worst about it. I could tell from their looks that they wanted me dead. In fact I probably would've been killed by an angry mob already if lord third had not made it clear I wasn't to be harmed in any way. It was all in their eyes. I could only see hatred in the adults that looked at me and ridicule in the children.