Lethal Misfits

Lethal Misfits © copyrighted 2014 xxtypicalscorpianxx.

In other words, steal this story and my wrath shall fall on your sorry head.

13 July 2014

Happy Reading!

*   *   *   *

Chapter One

There was this annoying girl in eleventh grade that had a weird habit of taking about life in a philosophical and nonsensical way. I had never liked her stupid world views, nor enjoyed listening to her ramblings about searching the true meaning of life. I forgot her name since it was about three to four years ago.

But I do remember that she was once sat with me during lunch and asked, 'What two words would you use to describe your life Iris?'

I had given her a very strong glare and stomped out of the cafeteria because of my bad mood.

But now after a long time, I was sat in a small coffee shop that was packed and filled with chatter, I was recalling her question.

Oddly enough, I wished she was here and I could tell her that I had find about two words to define life; absolute shit.

No kidding there. Any passerby could just see - if their observation skills were not dead yet, that I was indeed a very miserable person. My face set in an unforgiving scowl (my peers tell me it makes me look like a Spanish bull), my hand gripping the coffee mug too hard and my eyes narrowed into slits - I was sure scaring heck out of the little children. Mr. Hans, dad's old lawyer and colleague sat in front of me, completely his calm and composed, his business like expressions contradicted mine. I wasn't sure if I was suppose be angry at him or frustrated by his lack of responsiveness.

''The fuck did you say?!'' I demanded, balling up my fists after a few moments of impending silence. He winced like the words had blown away all of his graying hairs. My parents had taught me to avoid profanity at all costs; in fact it was the second time in my whole nineteen years that I used the f-word. Last time it was in prom when my date stomped on my feet during the last dance and ruined my shoes. At that time neither mom nor dad were there to scold me, right now the situation was only slightly different. They weren't near, nor were they present in the world. And the moment they had left (bless their otherwise troubled souls), my manners left my side as well. But even when restraining my self from high risk behavior, I was bound to say this, given the shock of the moment I had just endured.

''I know this is hard for you Iris but yelling won't help any of us.'' Of course it won't, nothing would help me now, and my luck had already ran out.

''Mr. Hans, I wasted all my savings on this case!''

''And I already told you that it would never work but you kept insisting,'' he replied in urgency, I noticed how he kept checking his watch in amidst of his lecture, ''your parents will is final proof. It had been clear from the start.''

''But it's not!'' I yelled again, slamming my hand on the table, everybody suddenly stopped doing whatever they were working on and spent the next five minutes of their life staring at me. Totally wasting away their time. For a moment I forgot what I was here for I felt like I was in middle of performing a ballet. Shame that I sucked at any sort of elegant body movement or in other words; dance...

''Calm down Iris, we can talk this out.'' His gaze wavered from his watch and around the coffee shop. He must be regretting coming here with an angst person who had no experience in restraining herself.

I sunk in my seat for his sake and listened as he went on.

''You never had an evidence against your uncle. It was obvious from the start what will become of this case, it was baseless Iris. Please try to understand this matter.''