Chapter Eight

Author Note: Woah, I upload two chapters in one night, but I don't mind. I enjoyed writing this one because this chapter is where the mystery begins. Dun, Dun, Dun (lol, sorry; just had to do that) But hope you enjoy. And remember to vote!

================================================

I should of known that all things good would one day vanish. It was only a few days ago when I discovered the disappearance of Micah. I was confused but most of all hurt. Who did this to him? Without a trace, he was gone. Just like that, and I didn't even have anybody to point the finger at.

Was it Kadious? Somehow I doubt that. If it was him, he would of mocked it in my face. He would of yelled it at the top of his lungs, that he was the murderer, the culprit.

My days have been filled with mourning of the man in the mirror. Although I had just met him, I knew he would have been a great and loyal friend. I couldn't help but wonder if I was the one responsible for his death. Just before the challenge he had tipped me, about how to survive the maze. But somehow I had a feeling it applied to much more. Guilty I had cleaned up the pieces of glass and placed them in a ornate and beautiful vast.

Only six girls had made it through that maze, Kailey being one of them. Although most of them suffered from terrible fates, they were quickly cured when they returned. I was unhappy to report that Nickoletta was amongst them.

I heard a quiet knock on the door and sighing I went to answer it. I had avoided all contact with anyone outside these walls, even Kailey. But even the solitude and isolation was starting to take its toll on me.

I already knew who would be on the other side of the door. The only other friend I had here, Kailey.

"Finally. I thought you had died. Oh my, you look like a hot mess", Kailey scorned as she gave me the one over.

I gave a slight smile. I had neglected taking care of myself over the past days. My hair probably resembled a bird's nest and I didn't dare think about how awful my breath was. But I didn't mind and honestly didn't care.

"This is unacceptable. You lets yourself go. I heard by the maids that there is going to be a party tonight for one of Kadious friends. And I was thinking we should totally crash it. I mean, by the looks of it, you need some fun", Kailey babbled.

I had refrained from telling Kailey about Micah. I wasn't sure if all the girls had a mirror that had the ability to talk, but I wasn't going to tell her, not yet. For all she knew, she just thinks that all the stress of this competition had finally got to me.

At first I was hesitant to accept. If Kadious found out, he would be mad. But then I realized, it would be my utmost pleasure to make him angry. That bastard!

A slow smirk crossed my face as I replied to Kailey.

"Lets do it".

--------------------------------

"Ouch. I know beauty hurts but I don't want to be that damn beautiful"

"Stop whining", Kailey said as she continued brushing my hair. I had just gotten out of the shower when I was ambushed by Kailey. She had gathered all her beauty supplies from her room and was currently trying to untangle my hair. Good luck with that.

Although I like my hair in its natural state (curly), it could become unbearable sometimes. I blame my parents for giving me intolerable hair. My hair practically soaked up all the products Kailey tried to put in it, and still it managed to stay frizzy.

"I surrender. I'm just going to put this in a bun.", Kailey huffed as she grabbed a rubber band and attempted to pin it up.

"I warned you", I taunted.