Chapter Seven

Author Note: Please enjoy! Comment, Vote, and Fan if you like. I want you honest feedback even if you totally hate it.

Thanks!

=======================================================

Part Two

We were all separated, escorted into rooms that held only a single door. Even though I tried to convince myself that I was going to be okay, a small voice in the back of my head seem to disbelieve. I didn't make it through dodge ball in PE, how can I survive what every Kadious was bound to throw at us.

"Don't worry", I tried telling myself but when I heard a pop, and the door open, all my new confidence seem to leave.

Hesitantly I walked inside the door. It quickly locked behind me, and I knew I could never go back.

I was in a sort of maze; different paths tempted you to follow them. Holding my silver ball in my hand I started walking.

"Hello ladies. For this challenge all you have to do, is collect a blue ribbon at the center of the maze. But since I thought that might be easy, I have entrapped all sorts of critters in there. Hope you survive", he jollily said through an intercom.

Oh great.

I couldn't make up my mind on which path to take so I did the only thing reasonable. I closed my eyes and twirled around, pointing. I ended up going the one on the far right and was pleased to see that nothing was there to greet me.

In the distance I heard a high-pitched scream but as quick as it came it stopped. I shivered at the thought of who the poor girl was, and what she had came across.

Walking through the maze feeling suffocated as if the barriers around me was going to close on me, I saw a wisp of black hair in front of me.

"Hello?", I called. Nothing replied.

Fear crippled me, as I started running in the opposite direction. Still holding the silver ball, it felt useless to what ever that was following me. I could hear my breath coming out in short, gasping little pants. It was hard to breath around the fear lodged in my throat. My hands were trembling, and in my terrified mind every breath of wind was as loud as a blood curdling scream. A single tear squeezed out of my wild eyes as I heard something. Turning a corner hurriedly I ran into something.

"Ouch", a familiar voice said.

Kailey!

"Oh my gosh, Layla, what a coincidence", she squealed when she saw me. I helped her up, happy that it was her, who I came across.

"I'm so happy its you, at first I thought you were some monster", I muttered still recovering from the shock.

"Well I'm not,lets go find the darn blue ribbon and get the hell out of here.", she said with smile.

In silence we started walking down another pathway.

It really was coincidental that I had ran into her. Of all the other girls, she just happened to be the one close by.

I started to tell Kailey that exact thing when I realized that I didn't hear any footstep behind me.

I turned around but instead of seeing her, I saw nothing.

"Kailey?", I asked nervously. A noise from ahead made me turn back and I jumped when I saw her.

"How did you-", I asked but with one glance at her I knew she wasn't really "Kailey".

Micah's words of advice started ringing in my head.

"Don't trust anybody"

I slowly started backing away as she started walking towards me.

She had a menacing smile on her face, something that seemed so odd, on a person so nice. Instead of her usual brown eyes, it was replaced with a almost white color. Her pupil resembled that of a cat. The thing hissed, low and menacing and bared her sharp teeth at me.

Coming to my senses I started thinking of a way to escape. When a red light in my hand reminded me of my weapon.

I threw it ahead of me, and jumped quickly inside the bubble. The replica of Kailey circled around me, and feeling safe I laughed in its face when it tried to break in.

It soon became disinterested and ran off somewhere else.

"I should of done this along time ago",I said. With new found confidence I started walking, knowing nothing could penetrate the bubble.

Yes, I had the power.

I didn't run into anything else unusual, as I tried looking for a blue ribbon. I was actually grateful that the Prince allowed us something to defend ourselves, if not, I would of be a goner.

"Turn Left", a voice whispered In my ear.

I was startled and soon confused. It sounded like a girl, no a woman's voice. I knew I should of be skeptical, but somehow I felt as If she was only trying to guide me. I followed her advice, and turned at the next corner, to the left.

And bingo, I saw about two dozen blue ribbons. I was about to dive and grab one when Micah's voice rang in my head for the second time that night.

"If it seems to good to be true, then it probably is"

Kadious wouldn't just have the ribbons here without some sort of challenge. I was eager to just get one and call it a day, but I knew I had to think hard on this.

Just then, Nickoletta stomped in. She had a crazed look in her eye, as she saw the plethora of ribbons laying around. All her clothes were shredded and she only had one shoe left. I wondered what troubles she faced to get here but when she gave me a snare, I didn't really care. I did try and warn her that he probably had some trick up his sleeves before he would allow you get one of the ribbons, but she didn't listen as she harshly pushed past me and grabbed the nearest one.

I stifled a laugh as her body began breaking out in hives.

"What is this?!", She shrieked as she tried scratching the boils off her, which subsequently made it worse.

She grabbed another streamer, which turned her blonde hair, to a bed of snakes.

Can I say Medusa, much?

Nickoletta was sobbing loudly as she patted her hair-now serpents. She gave me a death glare that I was sure was worthy enough to turn me into stone, as

if she thought I was the culprit for her demise.

Hmm, so all the ribbons have different consequence, if you choose the wrong one. But which one will take me out of here?

A barely audible voice gave a breathless command that seem to quench my worries.

"Over there"

I followed her order as I grabbed a sapphire colored band in the dead center. I didn't have time to scream as I was sucked in. The next thing I knew everything went black; I was pressed very hard from all directions; I could not breathe, there were iron bands tightening around my chest; my eyeballs were being forced back into my head; my ear-drums were being pushed deeper into my skull.

What ever this was, it felt like death. But it as my feet landed on the surface, I was kinda disappointed.

It was like a roller coaster. I knew when I'm on it, I would be scared out of my mind but when it's over I want to ride it again.

I opened one eye, then the other as I realized I was back in my room.

"Good job, you have completed your second challenge", Kadious voice echoed throughout the room. But I wasn't really paying attention. My focus was on the mirror that held Micah. It was now broken, shattered into a million pieces.

I ran to it, tears welling up in my eyes as I called out for him But he didn't answer. He was gone.

================================================================

Copyright © Valerie Lopez

All Rights Reserved

A/N: I can't wait till the next chapter, thats where the real drama/mystery starts happening. Hope you enjoyed this chaper :]