best friend // wyatt oleff

hi so this was inspired by the song 'best friend' by rex orange county (i've been listening to this song ab 5 times a day it's so good)

___

wyatt: hey u wanna come over

y/n: uh yes

wyatt: y/n i stg if you bring a tarantula again

y/n: i won't i won't

_

do i love him? well, i mean, like a brother. oh. no one asked?

i was going over to wyatt's again. last time, i brought my tarantula, jasper. i put it on his chest while he was sleeping and he flipped. i laughed so hard, i lost my voice for 3 days afterwards. his brother got it all on video and his sisters were there to watch. eli cracked up, too. i'm not sure he trusts me that much anymore.

i walked down the street, the sun setting behind me. i was going to spend the night. my parents were out of town with his. it's like this was planned.

-

i knocked on his door and he opened it. he stared at me and i returned the look. i pushed him out of the way and walked in. he closed the door and followed me upstairs. he smiled at me when i turned to face him. i brushed it off. when i opened the door to his room to set my stuff down, i swear to god, i peed my pants. there was freaking

finn

wolfhard.

i knew wyatt knew him pretty well, they were like best friends, but he said he's never introduce me to him. but there he was, leaning against wyatt's bed frame looking at his phone. i screeched and threw my bags down. i turned to wyatt and hugged him so tight, his face turned blue. i turned back around to see finn holding his arms out. he knew i was coming! i hugged him and started crying. "ahhh! you're here! i'm hugging you! you're hugging me! finn hecking wolfhard is showing human affection too me! ME!" i scream-muffled into his shirt.

he laughed and looked at me. "ready for a sleepover?"

_

"okay. i have popcorn, candy, a-" "what kind of candy?" i asked wyatt. he rolled his eyes. "skittles for finn, licorice for me, and (your favorite candy) for you." he said. i nodded. we were going to watch (your favorite movie), sixteen candles, and while we fall asleep, we'll watch 'diners, drive-ins, and dives', courtesy of wyatt.

i fell asleep in the middle of sixteen candles, when it was around 1:40 in the morning. finn was still up and wyatt was on his phone the last time i looked around before i fell asleep.

_

wyatt

_

i looked at the bright screen on my phone. y/n was asleep and finn was in the bathroom. i cracked my neck before getting up to get something to eat. i glanced over at y/n, sleeping soundly. she looked so peaceful. so cute. WAIT! no! i can't think of her like that. she's my best friend.

but, all of these thoughts running through my head, i kept staring at her. she was just so...perfect. i shook my head out of my thoughts and proceeded to get my cereal.

_

morning came and i rubbed my eyes groggily. i looked over at y/n, still sleeping. i smiled to myself and got up. i went upstairs to find finn. he was asleep on my bed, his phone on his face. i chucked.

i made breakfast; pancakes and eggs. i put sirracha on finn's eggs. it's his favorite. i made chocolate chip pancakes for y/n and made cheese eggs for myself. i got everything onto a plate and set them on the table. finn walked down the stairs; his hair a mess. i shook y/n's shoulder. she turned over. "y/n...y/n." i whispered. her eyes opened and she looked up at me. "whattttttttt," she moaned. "i made chocolate chip pancakes for y-" she pushed my face away and got up. i smiled and her and i joined finn at the table.

we scarfed down our food and decided to go to the public pool. we picked up sophia and chosen on the way.

we got to the pool, thankful no one else was there. we brought puffy cheetos, doritos, and juice barrels. we played chicken, marco polo, and who can splash the biggest.

overall, it was a good day.

y/n and i were stuck waiting for the rest of the gang to get groceries. no one else was with us in the parking lot. after all, it was 11:43 at night. we sat in the car while we waited. chosen drove all day, but i moved into the driver seat to be next to y/n. "today was really fun, wyatt. thanks." y/n said. i smiled. "meh. merely just another amazing day with my best friend." i laughed. she chuckled. "you know, there's something i've been meaning to talk to you about." she said softly. i began to feel intrigued. "okay. what is it?" i asked her. her face went red and she started fidgeting uncontrollably. "um...wyatt...you're my best friend. and i don't want this to change anything. please?" she glanced up at me. "yeah! you're totally fine. what's wrong?" i reassured her. she relaxed a little. "wyatt...i...i like you." she said. my face reddened. i smiled sheepishly and looked into her eyes. "oh." i said. "i know you probably hate me right now and i'm sorry, i j-"

then i did the unthinkable. i'd never thought i could do this.

i kissed her.

(yo expected much)

she ran her hands through my hair and i placed mine on her cheeks. i couldn't help but smile in the kiss.

"i just wanna be your favorite boy, i wanna be the one that makes your day, the one you think about as you lie awake. and i can't wait to be your number one. i'll be your biggest fan and you'll be mine, but i still want to break your heart and make you cry."

___

wow that took a really long time

anyway

here's this :

can you like not do 5, 6, and 26 pleeeeease ???

k thanks! love ya!