heart strings // stanley uris

hi so this was inspired by the song 'everything is going to hell' by teen suicide. i recommend you listen to it whilst reading this.

___

"yeah?! well, i never loved you anyway!"

not true.

"really? matter of fact, i wish i had never met you!"

not true.

"just leave! i never want to see your face again!"

not true.

y/n slammed the door. i fell to my knees and cried. "i lost her...she's gone..." i sobbed. i had never cried this hard before. it was only her her. my dad called it love. i didn't want to fall in love. but i guess i had; before i knew it.

i had fallen to quick for me to realize. i was drowning when i felt fine. she was going to be the death of me. maybe i was already dead.

i slammed my bedroom door and cried on my pillow. the pillow she touched. i wiped my nose with my hand. the hand she held. she was my best friend, and i had lost her. all because of what i said. "you can't take back words." she had said to me once. of course, i didn't listen. i never listened. not to her. i always thought she had never made any sense. but now, her words were making the most sense then they had ever have. and now i understood.

i glanced at my wall, my wall full of pictures of her. of us. when everything was okay. but now, it was not okay. i was not okay. she was not okay. we were not okay.

i wanted to rip those pictures off my wall, but i knew i would regret it. i knew it.

___

"y/n? y/n?!" richie yelled. y/n ran through the park, tears streaming down her face. all those things he said...she knew he didn't mean it. she knew it for a fact. but...did he really never want to see her face again?

___

what sparked this whole thing? all this happened because richie started hitting in y/n, making stan jealous.

___

i walked into the market and got everything he needed. i was on my way to the restroom when a sticky feeling found its way to my shoe. "ugh!" i hopped on one foot down the hallway. bam! i ran into someone. i looked up to see y/n's beaut- i mean, face. "uh, h-" she started. then i kissed her.

you're playing with my heartstrings, darling.

__

so ye