Twisted Alliance: War of the Census 10

That's how I made my new friend. The next full moon that we were at my Grandparents house I found him again. That's when I met his cousin Louis. The two of them have been there for me since.

The sun had set and the stars were peeking out of the sky. Levi was still running but in his wolf form. My friend was one of the few we call exotic. His eye color would change with his form along with the color of his hair. He was also a lot bigger than you would think when in that form. He came bounding over to me shortly after, holding his clothes in his teeth. He shifted form at the bottom of the stairs dropping his clothes in the process. The wind blew at that moment and he howled. He was sensitive to cold more than another wolf I know.

"It's going to rain." He said once he put his pants on. I shrugged. He always knows when another one of his tricks.

"You are sure about this." I instantly thought of her. I WON'T leave her out in the rain no matter the consequences. I was standing and didn't even realize it. My body was more ready than I, and I was already thinking of leaving.

"Yes, why do you always question me? He shook his head while he laughed and climbed the stairs. I was walking towards them with the intention of going down. As I passed him he stopped. "What are you doing? I want to talk to you."

"If you want to talk them come with me and talk while we run because I need to be somewhere and it is not here." He started to cut me off. I was already shedding clothes. I know in a moment or two my mother or grandmother will come and try and stop me. It doesn't matter which I am still leaving. "Coming?" I shifted form and shot like a bullet and he was behind me. I hope that he isn't tired 'cause the next seventy five miles I'm not slowing down. He can follow my scent if he losing me in his sight.

Damien

Sitting in the living area the area without a T.V., I was playing cards with Alex who had a permanent smile on his face when he told us the news. He and Jacey wanted to make sure that after the other night that she and the baby were healthy before they told anyone. He was my partner in the game. Alpha and Philly were the other team. Know I like to play with Alpha not against him, but tonight Alex was doing them in with little help from me. I wasn't trying to gloat but I had too.

"Now Alpha has this ever happen to you before?" A intake of breath that sounded like a hiss came from my right where Philly sat. I didn't look at him just kept my eyes on my father in law, who smile.

"No, That has never happen to me. Three games in I knew something was off. I thought Payla or Taaly was at the table or telling Alex what to play." He looked around the room quickly, more than likely trying to see if they were in ear shot. It doesn't matter they might know what he was going to say before he did. "I swear they be cheatin'" And he said it just like that. I laughed so hard I swear I whipped away a tear when I rubbed my eyes. I was only kidding at the action but it did feel weird. I ignored it as he spoke. "Calm," He wasn't just talking to me, the other two joined in as well as he did.

"You know your going to get it for that." Alex said after a moment. It took a moment to collect ourselves. He never talks like that and that something we all know.

"Maybe but if they didn't pry then they wouldn't hear." I don't look at it as prying, I like it sometimes. But when I want to keep something to myself I can't either she knows or Troyan does.

"How is your block, has it changed at all?" He could only keep something hidden and I guess since he learned he has been keeping a lot hidden.

"No, I haven't really been working at it either. The things I want to keep to myself I do and everything else I have no choice."

"Was it hard to develop." He nodded before he spoke.

"It took a while. You have to close your mind and its not so simple. It took me a while before I could keep something to myself completely, after time I would lose that focus and drop my shield. You have to feel it." He touched his finger to his head. "I am shocked with all you do that you haven't thought of this before."