Twisted Alliance: War of the Census 2

Damien

As I hold her close to me standing against the back of the chair, I breath her in. I am in for one hell of a make up session but it won't start out so easy. She is pretty upset about this party and the fact that it was kept from her the best we could. Her ability to see and know things makes it hard to get away with much but most of the time she just lets the happen. I wonder why.

"Because I don't like it. It is annoying to know something's that I don't care to know about. Like this party, it took me today to realize and then there was nothing I could do right." I nodded against her shoulder. I wrapped my arms around her tighter.

"Well it's almost over."

"I am okay with it. I just wish it didn't happen. I don't like to celebrate a day like today."

"Your birthday." I said then she growled softly.

"Yes that day, I don't want to think about how old I am or how old I will be. I can't change that."

The song music was loud and everyone was talking amongst themselves, we were just watching. Payla turned around so quickly I wasn't ready for it.

"What?"

"Has Troyan talk to you about his dreams?"

"The recurring one?" She nodded. "Not lately, why?"

"Um... well he is thinking of it again. I wonder what it really means. He has had the same dream only seeing the same thing over and over." He see's a finger twirling dirt in a little dirt tornado. He sometimes sees a hand never the face of the owner. He has had this dream since he was five years old when they started and have continued since.

"Well if they are bothering him he would say something to one of us."

"Well he has been thinking about it for a while now."

"Payla leave him to his thoughts quite prying."

"Im not prying just worried about my son." I sighed she is going to do what she wants but at least I warn her. "You may warn me but something is weird." She kissed my cheek. "I'm going out for some fresh air. Be right back." Once she moved the heat went along with her. I still had yet to taste the frosting on the cake. I don't eat but still want to try since Payla decided to give me her memory of taste. I have been rather curious since then. I know that was not her intention but she opened the door and I don't want to close it.

As I walked over to the cake I seen her say something to Troyan before she walked out of the door. Before I could give it any thought Philly blocked my view.

"Hey, nice party huh?" I shrugged.

"Payla is not extremely happy about it."

"Well you should know after this long that this day makes her moodier than usual. It's like she..."

"Is a different person, not her happy self. I know."

"Yes and it been like that, well as long as I have known her." Which is a very long time he is her best friend and all. I took a fork and scrapped some frosting from the side of the cake. He was watching me but he continued to speak. "Well we just found out Tyree has a twenty-one year old son." Tyree is the were-bear that I fought to gain my father in-laws trust. "We think he might be the one for Troyan."

"So then it can happen."

"It will happen, even if her has to fight me. I want him to have a chance at to prove himself like we all did." He pointed his fork at my chest were Tyree's tooth sat. "He wants to prove it to himself. He doesn't want to be treated differently."