Twisted Alliance: War of the Census 9

Payla

"I should tell her you said that." Troyan frowned at me.

"Don't." I laughed.

"So your Birthday, what is it you want to do."

"Just the Ceremony." He said as he sat down in the chair next to me on the back porch. "There is nothing that I want to do."

"What about hanging with your friends?" HE frowned at me for my choice of words. Alex and Jacey walked away smiling but I still don't think she told him yet. The whole city will know when he finds out.

"Well mother if you have to know, I don't want to. I don't want a Party I don't want to do anything. I just want to be with my family." He didn't look at me, he was staring off past the shield.

"Sometimes you can't escape that day. So there is no use in hiding. Your party is planned and no I'm not canceling it."

"Mom," he met my eyes with his. I have never seen my son so serious. I turned in my seat. I nodded for him to continue. "Why is it that you try to hide?" Whoa, that is what I didn't expect? Yes, I thought he might ask me one day or even before now?

"Well," I pushed every feeling every memory down as far as I could before I spoke. I don't want that. I give in to it once a year, and that is enough. "It's hard to explain. I don't know if right now is the time I can tell you, now if you were to ask me next year on a certain day, I more than likely won't argue." The best I can explain the most I could say.

"Okay," He looked at me oddly almost like I wounded him. This is not something I talk about with anyone and Jacey was the only one to ever ask and she was too little to understand and I don't think I even understand.

"Shield up." I said as I walk away shielding my thoughts from him. I know when he tries things on me that he could get away with using on Damien. Come to think of it, maybe I really should teach him to shield his thoughts. His dreams are waking me at night.

I walked inside the kitchen to see my father eating something out of a bowl.

"Daughter," He said in a boisterously manner. "How I have missed you."

"Are you drunk?" He put the spoon to his mouth and I saw Ice Cream on the spoon. "Ahh, eating Ice Cream I see." He laughed, my father has a low tolerance for sugar has all his life. Doctors don't know why and it never happened to a wolf in our pack before. With our pack we have kept to ourselves unless we chose to leave for whatever reason. Me, I am tied by blood to this Pack I am not going anywhere. "I'm going to tell mom." He may as well been drunk. It has almost the same effect. He gets excited and hyper then he has the biggest crash. He is rather funny sometime.

"Don't tell your mother." Sounding a little more sober, "I just wanted to tell you how much I love you and the I am happy that Troy - an." He hiccupped. "I love my Third. He has made you happy even though I know something I going on with both of you." Sloppily the words came out but I understood every word. "What is it my child?" He words sober again. He put the bowl in the sink and rinsed it out.

"Nothing that we haven't already discussed."

"Then why is it that affecting you?"

"Dad."

"Well," He sat at the table in his chair. The one I would sit in when he was not around.

"Then why is my son in law wanting to take a leave of absence?" I think he is saying to much.

"Father, you shouldn't be talking in your state. I'm going to get mom." I stood to leave.

"I am worried about you. That is all." His voice caring and fatherly, "Tell your mother I went for a run." A good way to burn off he sugar. He will pass out in a little while. I nodded and left the room. I headed to the den where I heard my mothers thoughts coming from. Her voice and Mary's, I was so happy that the two of them saw each other for what they really are. Women, they are also mothers but I think being a woman is first.