Twisted Alliance: War of the Census

Book Two in the Twisted Alliance Series. I hope you enjoy.

T.S. Thornton

Twisted Alliance: War of the Census

Troyan

I am turning seventeen and my parents seem to smother me more than before. I don't know much about life outside of the pack city or this hidden area we call home. The first ten years of my life we were hold up in the house only to see family come and go. I want to come and go as I please. I am a man, well almost. On my birthday I will complete my coming of age task by wrestling a bear like my father told me he once did. It the most important part of my life right now but the stress of my mom and dad is making me moody.

"Troyan, can you come down a here please." My mother Payla calling me from the kitchen. She is cooking dinner for the family. Not only can I smell the food but I can see her movements without seeing her. I don't have to listen to her thoughts or even connect to her mind I have a ability I share with my mother besides the mind reading, I am psyhic. Something my mother doesn't want to completely embrace because she still can't control it after this long. She says if was a gift from me. I kick started it somehow.

"Troyan, I know you heard your mother." I am shocked neither one of them screamed at me in my head.

"I am coming." I said as I made my way to the stairs slowly. Once inside the kitchen my father, Damien was standing next to my mother who was trying to cook something in a wok. I couldn't see what it was but I could smell the oil she was using. "Mom, what's that."

"Something I tried a long time ago. I have a craving for it. Watercress and ground chicken."

"Umm, ok. So what did you need mom."

"Well we wanted to talk to you about this..."

"About you wanting to live in the other house." My father finished for my mother. "Troyan, do you really think you are ready for that. Son that is a really big reasonability and how will you pay the utilities?"

"Well I have some money saved up." Well a lot, I could never spend it. My grandparents would always hand me some after I would see them out, or a gift from someone in the family. Alex always says ill need it one day so just wait until then to use it.

"Well I guess you have thought a little but about this." My mothers tone was normal even thought I could feel what she felt. I wasn't listening to their thoughts, just listening for their emotions. I need warning with them.

"Well I feel like I have been a burden,"

"What in the hell does that mean. You are not a burden to either one of us. You are our child someone we love and want nothing but to see happy." My father snapped at me. There was no anger just pain from my words. "We want you to be happy and if you want to live in the house then..." They shared a look and then he turned to me. He handed me a key. "It is yours. But." My whole face was filled with a smile. I never thought that they would go for this.

"I bet you didn't " My mother said while she checked the food. "Family will be here soon. Go change you look like you have been running in the mud." Which I had.

"Son, why did you go to your grandparents about this and not us?"

"I just felt like they would understand a little better than you too. You havent been without me nor I without you and I think this will do us both good. I won't be long." I blurred out the back door and through the woods and to my house. My house, I wonder how the boys will react when I tell them about my gift. I turned the key and opened the door. The house smelled of cleaner and lavender. My grandmothers were here and I wonder what else I will find.