Twisted Alliance: War of the Census 8

Troyan

"I can't stop thinking about you. I know I heard you." I said aloud to her as I sat next to her on the chair I made of wood. "Mom wanted you out here to see the sky, to roam the world. I don't know if I like the idea so much. I want you safer than this. Closer to me with your eyes open looking directly at me. Dre'ah wake up." I had been pleading with her for the last two hours. The first I just sat here quietly I wish I would have brought a book or something to entertain me. But I resolve on talking to her. She wasn't responding and I didn't get another thought. I wanted to do what my mother did search her mind, to delve deep inside. I couldn't bare to hear nothing to see nothing, I don't want her this way.

"Please wake up." I put my head next to her shoulder on my hand and closed my eyes trying to wipe my mind from tonight's events.

The strong scent of fear all around me, the darkness of the trees was all I could see. The light from the moon faded through the trees. I could smell the earth around me the scents of the night. Her voice so low I wasn't sure if I truly heard it.

"Troyan, I wish I could see you." I didn't move, I didn't respond. I just held my ground keeping my feet planted to the ground I couldn't see.

"It is me. Are you not going to speak to me?"

"Dre'ah," I whispered. I spoke so low I don't know if she could he any part of it.

"Why are you so quiet mister hunter?"

"I don't understand what is going on?" I can't see anything but I can feel everything, scent it all like I am really outside. Ahh, I am. "Am I dreaming?" I said quietly. I didn't need to raise my voice. It almost echoed at my lower tone. The night was quiet and dark.

"I feel like I am, my body wont move. Am I dying? Is this my slow death?"

"We don't know what will happen to you but the fact that you are not yet faded then there might still be some sort of hope." I closed my eyes to the darkness and closed my hands into fists. I wanted this to be real, to feel her hand in mine.

"I don't think I will be here so soon. I feel my body weakening rapidly. I can't move but I feel like I am fading." She fell silent.

"Dre'ah," I said with panic in my voice tightening my hands again since I hadn't relaxed.

"What? Calm down hunter I am here. I feel you, I smell you, I hear you." Her words were strong, confident as she spoke to me.

"I just wanted to make sure you were there. I have longed to hear your voice."

"Who talks like you do?" she laughed a sound I never thought I would her form her again.

"I have only been with my family. I just started high school a year ago after begging. They taught me and I guess I talk with the mix of them both."

"Well I can say it is different." I lifted an eyebrow. "What, you haven't notice that no one talks like you of your friends." I smiled. I wonder how it is she feel my emotions?

"I was wondering that myself." I shook my head.

"I am just really happy to be in this moment." She remained quiet containing the only strength she had left.

"Why is it that you are so sad over this situation. This was not your fault. You knew that this could happen?"

"I care about you and I don't want to never see your face again. I want to share some of my life with you even if I just call you friend." Even though she would always be more to me, so much more. Another long silence before she spoke again. He voice a whisper against my hand.