A Note to the Reader

Dear Reader:

Thank you for visiting this page. This novel is, obviously, a work in progress and one that I am diligently pouring my heart and soul into. I have been an avid reader for most of my life and I have read many books that have touched my heart and enriched my life. I hope to do the same for readers with this book. Secrets From the Med is, among other things, the story of one woman's journey following two devastating losses during the formative years of her life. It is also a story about two hurting individuals who fall in love. Additionally, I hope to do more than simply tell a story throughout the pages of this novel. I hope to pay deep respect to teachers, nurses, and veterans, particularly those who lost their lives or were injured during their service to our country. Furthermore, it is my intent to pay tribute to my home state of Kentucky, especially Glasgow, Kentucky, a small town that I grew up near and dearly love. Tabitha, the main character in Secrets From the Med is from Edinburgh, Kentucky, a fictional town that is loosely based on Glasgow. The actual town of Glasgow, Kentucky is named after Glasgow, Scotland, the largest city in that country. The fictional town of Edinburgh, Kentucky is named after Edinburgh, Scotland, the country's second largest city. Finally, it is my intent for this novel to be a celebration of lifelong friendship. I am referring to the kind of friendship where two people can go for an indefinite period of time without contact and then simply pick up where they left off. It is my sincere hope that you, dear reader, have at least one friend with whom you share this type of bond. Moreover, I hope that you will be blessed by Secrets From the Med in some way.

D Renae Keith

Secrets From the Med is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents either are the product of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales is entirely coincidental.

It should be noted that the first few chapters of this novel take place on board a Naval vessel and for that reason the characters will, more often than not, be referred to by their last names.