Chapter 6

Zach's P.O.V.

*

*

*

*

*

*

Screaming. I wake up to the sound of screaming.

No, there's no one screaming, it's all in my head.

But then the screaming starts again. It sounds like a little girl. And then I realize, it's Mackenzie screaming.

I jump out of bed and race over to her room.

I open the door and see her rocking back and forth on her bed. I walk over to her bed, sit down and wrap her in my arms.

"Kenzie, it's ok. I'm here." I look at her and there's tears streaming down her face. I gently wipe her tears way with my thumb.

"I had a bad dream." That dream must have scared the crud out of her to make her cry.

"What was the dream about?" I ask her.

She looks up at me and then she looks at her feet. "It was about mom and dad. I saw them get...." She tears up and I know what she's about to say. I squeeze her a little and let go.

"I'll bring you some warm milk." I walk out of her room and walk down to the kitchen. I see Leah grabbing the milk out of the fridge with the stove turned on.

"Leah, what are you doing?"

"I heard Mackenzie screaming. I thought she could use some warm milk." She says pouring some milk into a pot.

"I just came down here to do the same thing. But since you have already started I guess I'll just go back upstairs and try to comfort her."

"Ok. I'll bring her the glass of milk when it's ready."

I walk out of the kitchen and walk back up the stairs. I hear talking from Mackenzie's room. It doesn't sound like Deven. When I reach her door I see Jake sitting on the side if her bed.

And she's....laughing. I stand there for a little watching her smile and laugh. He seems to make her happy. Maybe Leah was right. Maybe he is her mate. No that can't be. He's human, and she isn't.

I look closer and I see his eyes change from brown to a dark shade of green. Maybe he isn't human. Mackenzie's eyes turn the same color when her wolf is about to come out. One question comes circling my mind.

I turn around and lean against the wall. When I'm about to walk into her room I see Jake kiss her. My wolf takes over and I let out a loud growl.

I'm pretty sure I caught Mackenzie's attention cause she turned in my direction.

"Zach, uh...hi." She looks down at her palms and Jake just looks like he's about to die. I think I scared the kid.

"What's going on in here?" I ask them crossing my arms over my chest.

"We were just um..." She says but stops.

"You were just what? Kissing" I say

"Look I'm sorry if it bothered you. It just seemed like the right time to-" I cut him off and push him against a wall.

"You don't go kissing my little sister. Got it?" I glare at him.

"Zach, it's not your decision. He kissed me and that's past. And what if I want to kiss him? You can't stop me from doing that." Is she was sassing me?

"Look Kenzie, I don't want you kissing this boy."

"Well why not? I can kiss anyone I want. It's my mouth not yours."

"Mackenzie! I am your older brother and you will listen to me." I yell at her.

"I will NOT listen to you! I love him! And you can't tell me who I can and can't kiss!" She growls out.

"Oh yes you will! I'm your older brother. And you will listen to whatever I say!" I yell even louder.

"Was that an order?" She asks in shock.

I let go of Jake and walk over to her. "In fact it was."

She looks at me and her eyes change to a darker shade of brown. And I know her wolf is wanting to come out. "I will not take orders from you! And I will not obey you! I may be a mutt but that gives you now power to control what I do!" She punches my chest with all her force and trust me, she hits HARD. "I am not gonna be controlled by you! The only person I will ever listen to is the Alpha. You have no right to tell me what to do. I choose my path of life!"

"Mackenzie, listen to me. I do have the right to tell you what to do. Your my baby sister. And you WILL listen to me."

Jake runs out of the room and I hear the front door slam shut.

"See what you did?!" She punches me in the gut, but this time HARDER. "You scared him off! I hate you and I don't wanna talk to you ever again!!!" She cries out.

She leaves the room and I'm left standing here all alone.