Chapter 3

Mackenzie's P.O.V.

*

*

*

*

*

*

When I walk into the house I see Leah and Zach sitting on the couch crying. I drop my backpack and run over to them. "Why's everyone crying?" Leah wipes away her tears and pats the spot next to her.

I walk over and sit down.

"You guys wanna tell me what's going on?" I watch Deven walk into the living room, he decides to sit in the seat across from us.

"Uhhh...well you see..." He stops and tears up again.

"Actually no I don't see. Just hurry up and tell me." I ask him. Maybe a little to pushy

"Mom and Dad are ummm..." I see him exchange a look with Leah, and she takes over while Deven walks out of the living room.

"Well? Tell me what's going on."

"Kenzie," she grabs my hand and takes it in hers. "This is gonna be hard on you but uhhh..." She's stopping too. What in the heck happened?

"What?" I search her eyes but I see nothing. Then she tells me.

"Mom and Dad...died." My eyes watered so fast after the first two seconds she told me I was crying. I pulled my knees up onto the couch and buried my head in them.

I felt a hand rubbing my back. I looked up and I see Jake, right there. I look over at Deven and he just nods. Now I know where he went. He went to get Jake.

"Jake, you really shouldn't see me like this." I wipe my tears away and turn my hat over to where the bill of it covers my face.

"Why not?" He asks tilting his head a little.

"Cause I'm crying." I saw playing with my fingers.

He raises the bill of my hat and says "Crying or not your still perfect."

I throw my arms around his neck and squeeze him just a little.

I hear a low growl from behind me. I let go and turn around to see who the growl belongs to. Zach.

"What's the matter Zach?"

"He's flirting with you." Leah laughs a little and takes him outside. Most likely she's talking to him.

I sniffle a little and pull the bill of my hat back down. "Kenzie, stop pulling the bill of your hat down," he pulls it up so he could see my eyes. "I already know your perfect. And you look beautiful no matter what."

I could feel heat coming up to my cheeks. Dammit! He made me blush.

"Thanks."

I see him lean in most likely about to kiss me when Deven walks in. Jake freaks out and falls off of the couch. "Deven!" I start laughing and help Jake up. "You scared the crud out him."

All I see is Deven standing there holding his stomach.ni grab a pillow and chuck it at his head. "How do ya like them apples?" Probably not my best idea. He hopped over the couch and grabbed me. He has me slung over his back so all I can do is punch him as hard as I can between the shoulder blades.

"Ok Devs, I'm sorry for chucking the pillow at your head."

He lets out a low growl and sets me down. "Dude quit it your gonna blow our cover." I whisper to him.

"Sorry." Is all he says and he walks out of the room.

^

^

^

^

^

^

^

^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As you can tell...I'm not such a great writer.

My inner Beastजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें