Chapter 2

Jake's P.O.V.

*

*

*

*

*

*

I hop onto the bus and sit in mine and Makenzie's usual spot. Eight rows away from the bus driver to the right. But this time Jarrod decides to sit in the row right behind ours. "Hey Jake, ummm..." I turn around in my seat and see him scratching the back of his neck. "Can you ask Mackenzie if she ummm...if she l-likes me?" When he said those words I swear I let out a low growl. Luckily no one can hear me thanks to the busses noise. "I guess I can ask her." I saw through clenched teeth. "Thanks man." I turn back around in my seat and fiddle around with my fingers.

The rest of the ride on the way to Mackenzie's house was pure chaos. Everyone was either yelling or laughing. But when the bus stopped to pick up Mackenzie everyone fell silent. Everyone knows that she's the prettiest girl in the whole 6th grade. She's turned down every guy that has asked her out. Even the guy that the girls find attractive, Ethan.

I watch her walk down the aisle and I scoot over to the window so she could sit down. She slides into the seat and gives me side hug. "Hey Jakey." I love it when she calls me that. "Hiya there Kenzie." I swear I saw her smile so brightly. "Hey I need to ask you something." I say looking at her. "Ok, what is it?" I have to swallow pretty hard before I let the words come out. "Do you uh...do you like Jarrod?" She looks at me like I'm a crazy person and bursts out laughing. "Are you nuts?! He's a total jerk! I hate his flippen guts!" I sigh in relief and chuckle for a couple seconds. "Why'd you ask me that?" I look into her dark brown eyes and then I say "I was just wondering if you did."

"Jake, I know this is gonna sound weird but...you know me better than any other person. Well besides my brother Zach but that's different. Listen, there's something about you that I love. And I was hoping..." I look at her and she's biting her lip. "Ya?" She looks up at me and says "Do you wanna be my b-boyfriend?" Did she really just ask me that??? "Of coarse I would!" I wrap my arms around her and hug her, giving the hug a little squeeze at the end.

"Hey Kenzie." She stops talking to her friend Jannette for a minute and looks at me. "Ya Jake?" I smack my lips onto her lips. Kissing her for a short time and pulling away slowly. "I know we're both only twelve but I've been wanting to do that for a long time." Right after I say that the bus stops, and we have to get off.

^

^

^

^

^

^

^

^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you liked it! Vote/comment for more :)