Chapter Two: Kevin

Arrow’s POV

“So are you and Colin friends?” Abby asked as she led me down the corridor towards our first class. I looked at Abby out the corner of my eye her blue eyes sparkling from her tanned face. She wore a skirt her tanned skin making her look beautiful.

“No,” I said to her.

“Oh,” she looked confused.

“He is my boyfriend,” I told her as we headed down into another corridor.

“Oh I see. You make a very cute couple,” she smiled.

“You think so? Don’t you find it,” I began.

“No, of course I don’t. I mean my brother’s gay,” she smiled at me.

“Oh really?” I asked.

“Yes, he don’t go to this school though he is twenty now,” said Abby taking her rucksack from her back and pulling out her purse. She pulled out a photo to show me her brother. He had black hair and dark green eyes wearing a suit.

“What does he work as?” I asked her.

“He works with my dad who is a lawyer,” smiled Abby.

“Lucky to get into that job,” I said to her.

“Yeah my dad is a great lawyer and put a word in for him. I mean he is just my dad’s assistant and sort of apprentice but he still gets good pay and he loves helping my dad. He also has a boyfriend and they are happy,” said Abby.

“I’m glad to hear that,” I smiled.

“What about you and Colin? Are you two happy?” she asked me.

“Yeah, we both love each other,” I said to her as we arrived outside the classroom.

“Good to hear,” she said before we went inside.

“Morning Miss, this is Arrow,” said Abby.

“Welcome, Arrow and we hope you can fit right into our school,” smiled the teacher. Her hair looked like it had been dragged through a hedge but the rest of her looked professional wearing a blouse and skirt.

I took the seat near the back with Abby. The first lesson didn’t go bad. I caught on quite quickly to what we were doing. It’s only a couple of months until our exams as its march now. Moving to a new school wasn’t the best thing to do but I didn’t want to break it off with Colin or not be with him which would have happened if I stayed behind.

“Hey Abby,” smiled a girl sitting the other side of her as the bell went for the end of first lesson.

“Hey, Kiran how was your weekend?” Abby asked her.

“Yeah it was good thanks and what about yours?” she asked.

“Good, this is Arrow,” smiled Abby introducing me.

“Nice to meet you,” said Kiran as we shook hands.

“Did you go home for the weekend?” I asked.

“Oh yeah we did, you can’t do it all the time normally but we don’t live too far away,” smiled Abby.

“I take you don’t live that close?” asked Kiran.

“No I travelled half way across the United Kingdom,” I said to her.

“How come you get in trouble with your parents?” asked Kiran as we slowly headed across the classroom and into the corridor.

“You would think that but it was my choice to come here. I came here so I could be with my boyfriend, Colin,” I said to her.

“Oh I see, that is so romantic,” Kiran said and Abby nodded to agree with her friend.