Chapter Nine: Some Slack

Arrow's POV

I sat on my bed sighing. Ace looked over at me. "How you feeling?" he asked me.

"I'm alright, I have to phone my parents. I know they have been told about me having diabetes but I need to let them know all is going to be okey and there is no need for them to come see me or anything," I tell him.

"If I was your parents I would be worried too about you," he tells me.

"I know but I am fine. I mean of course I'm getting use to the whole thing having these tablets and having to be really careful but its nothing major."

"If I was you I probably feel the way you feel but don't be too harsh on your family, I learnt that the hard way," he says before he leaves the dorm. I think he has a class. I'm not going back to school till tomorrow.

I have already had three days off. I'm not going back to classes properly till tomorrow and then I will only have class for one day as it be the weekend after that.

I pull out my mobile about to ring my mum when it began to ring. It's my mum. I quickly answer it. "Hello," I say.

"Oh honey, how are you holding up?" she asks.

"I'm alright, of course it was a bit of a shock and I have to remember to take these tablets from now and watch what I eat but its nothing that I can't do," I tell her.

"I'm glad to hear your taking it quite well then my baby. I guess if I said I'm coming to see you or I want you home you would tell me no?" she asks.

"Yeah mum because there is no need for either one of those. I'll see you in a few weeks anyway," I smile.

"I know but you don't want us to make it for this weekend do you?" she asks.

"No mum I need to get use to this but on my own," I tell her.

"I understand honey, I just hope you know I'm always here and so is your dad and sister. Oh talking of your sister she wishes to speak to you, okey here is the phone calm down," I  hear my mum say as I hear the phone being passed over.

"Hey little bro!" she shouts through the phone.

"Nothing changes with you does it," I laugh.

"No, not really. Now I need to check something. Tell me you are taking your tablets? Tell me that Colin is treating you right or I will kick his ass!" she shouts.

"Calm down, yes I'm taking my tablets and Colin and I are fine now can you stop shouting. Besides when have you ever been interested in my life," I half laugh half tease.

"Since I realised what a cow I was too you and how your my little brother and I want to protect you and besides Colin use to date me I know how he can be," she laughs through the phone.

"Thanks it means a lot you are looking out for me even if we are miles apart," I say to her.

"I can come visit anytime we all can any weekend just let us know," she says.

"I will not to worry," I tell her.

"We will leave you too it then, we love you," my sister and my mum say down the phone at the same time.

"Love you bye," I say before it cuts off.

I slump onto my bed with my phone in my hand. Having today off is boring because two days I was out of it and then yesterday I was still in the medical room. Being in the dorm is really boring and I don't know what to do with myself.

I'm pretty lonely here and Colin left earlier today to spend some time with Jerrod. Not that I'm jealous up until today he has been by my side even if two days I wasn't even awake he was beside me and that clearly shows he loves me but still right now I couldn't feel more alone.

Colin's POV

"It's not exactly something I do everyday," says Jerrod.

"Is this true?" asks Kevin.

"Of course, you should get to know someone before you judge them," I smile.

"That is pretty cool, I think I might have been wrong about you Jerrod. So where is that dick Arrow? I heard he has diabetes," he says.

"Hey give him some slack he just found out about that how would you feel if you had it?" I ask.

"I suppose your right, for now I will give him some slack."

-------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading :)

Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Sorry for the long wait.

Votes and comments would mean so much!