Holding My Breath ~ Chapter 1

I got out of the car and the security guards lead us to the building. Fans were screaming our names and holding up signs - it felt unreal. We had just left the X Factor in 3rd place and Simon had given us a record deal. I could hardly hold back my excitement as we pulled ourselves off of the screaming girls and ran into the building. We had a radio interview with BBC so we sat down in the small room and were silent until they spoke to us.

"We're here with the rising stars, One Direction. Hi boys." The presenter said.

"Hey." We all greeted her and smiled happily.

"Louis, how has the group taken all the attention so far? How have you handled it?" She asked. That's me by the way - Louis. Louis Tomlinson.

"I'd like to think we are handling it well." I replied before Liam took over and told the woman about the press and how much we love our fans blah blah blah. I was actually a little annoyed. Me and Harry had never really got on as well as we said we did. We would put on a smile for the camera's, but behind closed doors we would pretty much ignore each other and often throw dirty looks. Before we went to Simon's office to hear whether we had gotten a record deal, Harry had made a snobby comment about how it was probably my fault we came third. I mean, really? As if I wasn't feeling shitty enough about not winning, then he throws that at me.

I glanced at Harry who's eyes were vacant and staring into space. I kicked his leg and he snapped out of it, elbowing me in the arm. I yelped a little and he smirked.

"Pussy." He muttered. I bit my tongue to stop myself from starting an argument live on the air.

"Do you all get along? You were all thrown together so suddenly, you must not have had much bonding time." The other presenter asked, looking at Harry.

"Uh.. Yeah, I'd say we're all like brothers really. We just kind of clicked as a group. We get along really well." He replied in a casual voice. I rolled my eyes a little then instantly regretted it, knowing they had probably seen and knew something was up. The female presenter gave me a look and I pretended to have something in my eye, rolling my eyes again as I pretended to try and get it out. Nice save, eh? Shit save actually, Louis.

"Do you disagree then, Louis?" she asked.

"Not at all." I smiled. "Just got something in my eye."

"Smooth" Harry whispered in my ear.

"Piss off." I snarled back before giving everyone around us a big grin and joking around again. They asked all the other questions. "So what's up with the carrot obsession?" "How old are you all?" "Are you single?" and the one I hated most, "Who came up with the name?" I hated that question because Harry came up with the name. I really loved the name One Direction and it annoyed me that he was the one to come up with it. I would like it 100 times more if it was someone with half a brain who came up with it.

I don't know why we never got along, we just didn't. I guess I just got closer to Zayn and Liam while Harry got closer to Niall. We never really bonded much. They thanked us for joining them and we left the studio as the music started to play. The girls started screaming again as we made our way through to the van.

I sat back into the black seats and put my headphones on, enjoying my loud music. I closed my eyes and heard the chatter of the boys above my music, so I turned it up even louder, my eyes still closed. Soon, I felt a violent tapping on my knee. I opened my eyes to find Harry opposite me hitting my knees. I pulled my headphones down around my neck and narrowed my eyes at him.

"Didn't you hear me, dickhead? Turn it down." He growled, pointing to my phone. "I can hear it from here - That shit is giving me a headache." I rolled my eyes and turned down my music a tiny bit before putting the headphones back over my messy hair. Every time I glanced back to Harry he was either staring out the window, laughing with Niall or glaring at me. I didn't care what he did, to be honest, as long as he wasn't bothering me.