Part 1 End: Treasure Hunt

"Rayne?" a voice above me climbed into my muddled dreams consisting of a particularly hot prince riding a flaming horse. I groaned and cracked open one eye.

Amber hair cascaded into my vision, obscuring the azure sky above. Gasping, I shot upright and launched myself at the figure,

"Lynnie!" Her arms enveloped me into a hug and I felt the air being squeezed out of my lungs. Gasping for breath I felt tears run down my face,

"I thought you were--were dead!"

She chuckled a little, "So did I," and threw a glance over her shoulder. Behind her was a boy, his shaggy black hair falling into his midnight eyes. He was flexing his muscles and snickering with another boy, except this one had an expression of supreme apathy.

"But I was lucky."

"Looks like there was a riot while I was out," I groaned, rubbing my sore head. That was definitely going to leave a nasty bruise, I grumbled.

"If you count getting our ass kicked by a bunch of pirates," her voice lowered conspiratorially as I looked around at my surroundings. Only then did I realize that the ground beneath us was shaking, swinging sideways in great lurching gaits. My head swam uncomfortably and my stomach churned and flopped, banging into several other internal organs. I shot upright, but Lynnie put a gentle hand on my shoulder and I fell back in a swirl of dust.

"Where are we?" I asked groggily. Lynnie chuckled, "On a ship heading out who knows where." She shrugged and the manacles around her wrist clanged together, the metal scarping against each other. Rivulets of blood dripped down her fingertips, the skin beneath the metal was rubbed raw. I grabbed her hands forcefully to take a better look, but she winced and pulled away.

"It's nothing," she murmured, ruffling my hair.

"Of course it isn't nothing," I spat, "What have you been doing?"

Lynnie merely closed her eyes and stepped back, "I have to continue working. That flaming bird nearly caused us to capsize." She laughed and disappeared below deck into the hatch. I hoisted myself up to prop against the rail of the top deck. Shakily, I grabbed the fore boom for balance, and stood up slowly. Using the rail as support, I inched my way to the left, scanning the Main Deck for any other faces. In front of me was the Captain's Cabin, and above that, the quarter deck. A figure was standing there, hair blowing in the wind, vermillion eyes scanning the bright horizon. Her hands were placed on the wheel, ignoring the spray of the sea against her face. Her black dress seemed to float in the wind, like an outfit of shadows sewn together. As a cloud passed over over the sun, a dark shadow seemed to pass over her face. With a start of surprise, I turned to limp away before she noticed me.

"And where do you think you're going?" I found myself staring directly into her eyes, cold apathy lay in it's depths. She had leaped through the air in a acrobatic jump, landing in front of me with a sinister smile.

"I just--"

"Finding you sister?" she asked, still staring at me.

I nodded mutely, and she raised one brow in surprise, "Your reverence tells me that you know of my reputation."

I bowed slightly, ignoring my muscles roar of protest, "Yes, Pirate King."

Her aura of hatred seemed to die down fractionally, and she seemed somewhat appeased.

"Come with me," she gestured, then turned to the silent girl trailing behind us. The girl bowed quickly, her iridescent white hair glinting in the sunlight. The captain said quickly, "Cantarella, bring the sister here as well. You may leave the arrogant and stupid one there." Cantarella dipped her head and rushed below the main deck. I followed the captain until we entered her quarters. Wordlessly, she waved her hand at the open seat. Lynnie burst forth a few seconds later,