Louka; Undecided

"Louka!" I swiveled around at the sound of my name. Long tendrils of black hair whipped in my face as the salty breeze ran it's nimble fingers across my face.

"What is it, Cantarella?" I called out sharply, running my fingers along the prow as I turned to face her. The white-haired girl bowed her head and held one hand out in respect.

"Captain, the sky is tainted bright scarlet. What is your wish?"

I placed one hand delicately on the top of her head with an admonishing smile,

"Peace, my dear Poison. The sea is serene at this hour."

"But bloodshed is fortold in the sky!" she protested.

"That is but a myth!" I responded laughingly.

Cantarella looked up with me, her blue eyes twinkling with mirth.

"You would know, Daughter of the Sea. Old Nereus must miss his kin so, Poseidon must bid your company."

I laughed quietly, "Witty as always. Call forth Criselda, there are specifics to be set."

I strode forward, my leather boots rapping against the shining floor. The baggy black pants rustled with each movement, and my thin white collar flapped easily in the breeze as I surveyed the ocean. I gripped the golden locket hanging around my neck reverently, almost unconsciously as I stared at the open expanse of sky.

Criselda glided forward, her long patterned skirt dragging along the planks. With each movement the many bangles around her clanged and clattered together. A navy blue bandana tucked golden hair behind her, her pale eyes gazing at me serenely.

"You called, captain?" she inquired.

"I do not know why I am so upset," I confessed. "My mind is tossing on the ocean, the course I want is not clear to me."

She chuckled, "And you want an old fortune teller to tell you?"

"Exactly."

She gazed at the sky, her gaze blanking as she read the signs.

"The air tastes of sadness and fear. A war is brewing," I whispered, hoping she would contradict me.

The 17-year old psychic merely sighed, "You are right. Even I have seen it."

"Even the ocean will be dyed red."

"South." Criselda replied suddenly.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Set sail for South...There is something... or someone... worth meeting there."

Criselda reached out and put my hand gently on the helm, letting me turn the ship sharply.

"You are our captain. Though good or bad."

"We will always follow you."

~~~~

Louka!