Rayne; Caged

I was flying. I had wings of pure silver, feathers as light as air. With each sinuous pump I was soaring in the air. I could feel the crisp zephyr blowing past me, the biting cold air encasing me. The sun was glowing above me, the golden rays stretching as far as the eyes could see. I turned onto my back, flapping lazily. Suddenly, in an abrupt urge I flew straight for the sun. I wanted to be enveloped in the light. I wanted to feel the warmth. I felt like a god. I wanted to go up. As high as I could reach. I wanted to feel the limits of my domain.

As I flew closer and closer, the sunlight became hot. The temperature skyrocketed and I could feel beads of sweat rolling down my skin. Squinting I could make out the shape of a human, it's hand was stretched out. I couldn't make out a distinct figure, but I saw a small smile spreading over it's face. I felt like... like I trusted it... I reached out slowly. Inches separated out fingertips...

And then I was falling.

Feathers obscured my vision. They drifted around me like white snow. I plummeting down. Down. My stomach was in my throat as I felt the wind rushing by me. Too fast. Too fast.

And then I hit the ground.

A dream. It was a dream. Sweat slid down my forehead as my heartbeat was racing, threatening to burst out of my chest.

I was in blackness. Inky... nothing. I felt out, groping for anything, and hit something solid. I felt around me... walls... there were walls all around me. But there were slits every so often, very small openings for my fingertips to wiggle out.

I didn't know where I was.

I didn't know how I got here.

The only thing I did know... Was I was in a cage.

Like a bird. I was caged. And something, something was out there.

"Lynnie," I hissed, my voice as hoarse as dried wood.

I was met by only silence. Fear spiked within me. It pierced my heart like an icy stake.

"L-Lynnie?" I called again. I reach out to feel her conscious. I felt for her presence. Her thoughts. Anything.

But there was only cool darkness...

Lynnie was gone.

~~~~

Next part to be updated later...

read,comment,vote(: