Chapter Eleven

Hey y'all! im so sorry this has taken so long to update but i was in New Mexico all last week! :/ i really didnt mean to leave you guys on such a cliff hanger, but i really hope you like this new chapter! 

please please PLEASE comment / vote / promote / whatever. it means the world to me when  you comment on this beacsue i know that someone is actually reading it! THANK YOU! 

CHAPTER ELEVEN

 Liam’s POV

 It all happened so fast. One minute we had been following her and the next she was in the middle of an intersection.

I jumped out of the car before I even had time to think. “Liam, wait-” Zayn shouted after me; but it was too late. I was sprinting toward her because I couldn’t lose her. I wouldn’t let it happen. I ran to her car and looked through the windows. She was gone. She wasn’t there.

“Karly!” I screamed. Cars blared their horns and zoomed past me but I could only focus on one thing: her.

“KARLY!” Niall was approaching quickly along with the other boys. I noticed that her windshield was broken which could only mean one thing.

“We’re at the corner of 39th and Broadway. Both are unconscious.” Niall was on the phone with 911.

My eyes scanned the front of the car and I saw her. She was lying in the street unconscious. Tears filled my eyes as I ran to her side.

“Karly, ANSWER ME!” she didn’t respond. This couldn’t be here. She didn’t look like this. The Karly I knew was bright and bubbly. She was always smiling and her hair would start singing at the most random moments just because it made her happy; and she didn’t car what other people thought. This was the girl who would paint her fingernails to match her mood so you could always tell what kind of day she was having. She was beautiful, respectful, and the best girl on earth. But you couldn’t see these tings in her now. She looked cold and broken while she lied there, hopeless. Her hair and dress were stained red along with her favorite white lace Toms. How could someone so perfect be torn away from life so quickly? 

Zayn pulled me off of the ground and away from Karly. “Stop Zayn! No!” I tried to fight against him but I couldn’t. After Niall had gotten off the phone with 911 he and Harry ran over to Ashley to see if she was okay. Louis was on the ground trying to find a pulse in Karly’s neck, but he didn’t look successful.

“Calm down, Liam.” Zayn instructed me. “You can’t help anyone acting like this.” I knew he was right so I wiped away my tears and ran back to Louis and Karly.

“Keep trying to find a pulse! I’m going to check on Ashley.” Louis ran over to Niall with Zayn following closely behind him.

I held her head in my lap and tied my sweatshirt around her bleeding head. “I love you, Karly. I wanted to tell you so badly, and I don’t know why I didn’t. I’m sorry. Please don’t go. This isn’t goodbye.”

I heard sirens in the distance and hope started pulsing through my veins.

They put both Karly and Ashley on a stretcher and loaded them into the ambulance. Niall, Louis and I all followed the ambulance in our car while Zayn and Harry stayed to take care of the car and talk to the police.

I couldn’t think straight. A part of me died knowing that I may never see her smile again. Why did it have to be her? Why couldn’t it have been the car in front of her, or even me?

Please don’t go. This isn’t goodbye.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“Liam, it’s been over twelve hours already. I think you should come back to the hotel for a little while and at least try to get some sleep.”

“No.” I said groggily. “What if she wakes up? Or what if she doesn’t?” I pulled out my phone again and dialed her parents phone number. The hospital had given it to me because they couldn’t get ahold of them and I told them I would keep trying to get through, but I was unsuccessful.

“I don’t know what to do with you Liam. You must really care for her.”

I thought back to the day we met. When we ate ice cream together. The morning we went surfing together. Our first kiss. The feeling I got when I realized I loved her. The feeling I got when I realized I may never be able to tell her how I felt.

“Could I at least get you a muffin for breakfast?” Zayn was insistent and I knew there was no point trying to argue with him, so I agreed. He walked down the hallway to the cafeteria while Niall, Louis, and Harry walked through the door.

“Niall, you look exhausted.” His eyes were bloodshot and red along the outsides. His face seemed pale and he was moving slowly.

“You don’t look much better lad.” Louis added taking a seat next to me. Niall followed his lead.

“Have you heard anything about Ashley or Karly?” I shook my head slowly. “I haven’t. Sorry.”

A nurse that had been walking past stopped suddenly. She turned around, her shoes squeaking on the tile floor as she walked over to us.

“Are you the One Direction boys?” we all looked at her in anticipation. “Yes, that’s us.” I answered while running my fingers through my hair. “They haven’t told you yet?” she sounded just as confused as I felt. “What did they need to tell us?” Niall jumped in. she looked down the hallways and said, “Ashley didn’t make it. I’m so, so sorry.” Niall let a tear escape his eye but brushed it away quickly.

“I’m so sorry, Niall. This should’ve never happened.” I sat with him continuing to tell him it would all be okay. The nurse started to walk away down the hallway without saying anything about Karly.  I looked to harry as if to say, “can you take over?” he took my seat and started soothing Niall as I ran after the nurse.

“Wait!” I said as I final caught up to her.

“Yes?”

“You never told me how Karly was doing.”

Her eyes fell to the floor and I continued to search for the answer in her face.

“you can go back and see her, but she isn’t doing too well.”

I didn’t hear all of what she had said and I didn’t realize that Louis had followed me down the hall.

You can go back and see her…

I clung to these words as my last hope because these 7 words were what I had been waiting to hear for the last 12 hours.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“Liam, Liaaaaaaam….” I opened my eyes and took a moment to remember that I was still at the hospital.

“What?” I asked Louis who was standing above me. “You can go see Karly now.” I sat up straighter at the mention of Karly’s name.

“Where is she?” I was standing now, already walking down the hallway.

“Liam, hold on.” Louis was running after me. “She’s sleeping, Liam.” I didn’t even know where her room was but I knew I had to find her.

“Liam, would you please let me finish?” I stopped only because I knew I couldn’t find Karly without him. “Louis, where is she?” he finally caught up to me and he placed his hands over my grey Jack Wills sweatshirt that sat on my shoulders. “She’s in a coma, Liam.” You can go in to see her but I’m expecting she wont look too good.”

Karly was in a coma, because of me.

“No.” I stated flatly. “She can’t be in a comma. This isn’t supposed to be happening.” I slouched onto the floor and buried my face into my knees. “This cant be happening.”

Louis fell to the ground next to me. He tried to give me a reassuring pat on the back but at this point I just wanted to be alone with her.

“I’m sorry, Liam. Maybe you’ll get a miracle.”

“I already did. Just meeting her was my miracle.”