Chapter 8

Harry's POV-

We finally got to Hogwarts by the carriages. We walked into the Great Hall and over to Gryffindor table, the sorting was over and now the band was playing instruments or was holding a big frog and singing some song.

I looked over and saw Fred, George, Seamus, Dean, and Neville staring at Delia who was talking to Hermione and Ginny.

Before I could ask why, Dumbledore came up, "Welcome! Welcome to another year at Hogwarts, now I'd like to say a few words before we all become to befuddled by our excellent feast," Dumbledore said, "First I'm pleased to welcome Professor R.J. Lupin who's kindly consented to fill the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts, good luck professor."

Professor Lupin stood up and bowed and Delia was clapping the hardest, "How do you know him?" Ron asked. "He's my godfather," she said.

"Of course," Hermione said to me, "that's why he knew to give you the chocolate, Harry." "Potter," I heard someone say behind me and I turned and saw Mafloy.

"Potter is it true you fainted?" He asked while his friend acted like he was fainting, "I mean you actually fainted."

"Shove off Malfoy," Ron said turning me around. "How did he find out?" I asked. "Just forget it," Delia and Hermione said.

"Our Care of Magical Creatures Professor, has decided to retire in order to spend more time with his remaining limbs," Dumbledore said, "Fourtantly I'm delighted to announce that his place will be taken by none other than our own Rubeus Hagrid."

All the Gryffindor's clapped, Seamus whistled and Hermione and Delia, "Woooo." "Finally on a more disqueting note, at the request of the Ministry of Magic Hogwarts will, until further notice, play host to the Dementors of Azkaban, until such a time as Sirius Black is captured, the dementors will be stationed at every entrance to the grounds, now whilst I've been assured that their presence will not disrupt our day-to-day activities a word of caution."

"Dementors are vicious creatures, they'll not distungish between the one they hunt and the one who gets in their way, therefore I must warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you, it is not in the nature of a dementor to be forgiving," Dumbledore said.

"But you know Happiness can be found even in the Darkest of places," he said and I knew I've heard that some where and I turned and saw Delia smiling at me, "if one only remembers to turn on the light, now let the feast begin."

Food came up and Delia, Hermione and Ginny started talking again and Fred, George, Seamus, Dean and even Neville were staring at Delia with concentration.

"What are you guys doing?" I asked. "And who are you staring at?" Ron asked. "Delia," Fred said. "We're trying to figure out if she's a Veela," Dean said.

"A what?" I asked. "Veela's," Fred said. "Very pretty girls," George said. "More than pretty," Ron said, "Veela's are beyond beautiful."

"A lot of them go to Beauxbatons Academy," George said. "An all girls school," Fred said. I nodded my head and looked at Delia and saw she was beyond beautiful.

"Should we ask her?" Seamus asked. "Are you crazy?" Fred said. "If she is one she could get mad and turn into whatever they turn into when their mad," George said then I remembered how her face sort of changed last year when Aunt Petunia called her a freak.

"And she wouldn't tell us," Ron said. I nodded my head in agreement with Ron. "I'm going to," Seamus said, but before he could. "Prefects will show you to your dormitories, goodnight," Dumbledore said. Hermione, Delia and Ginny got up and were still talking and laughing.

I shrugged and got up and followed them out and to Gryffindor Tower. Seamus ran up the steps, "Fortuna Major."

I could hear the Fat Lady singing, "Here listen, she won't let me in," Seamus said. "Fortuna Major," I said. "No, no, wait, wait," she said then started singing then suddenly screamed.

I put my hands to my ears and she continued to scream then looked at us and cracked the glass cup against a pilliar in her picture and she finally stopped. "Amazing, just with my voice," she said.

"Fortuna Major," I said again. She looked at me, "Yes, all right, go in," she said. "Thank you," I said and she opened up and I walked inside with Seamus beside me.

"Still doing that after three years," I said, "she can't even sing." "Exactly," Seamus said then I felt someone flick my head and apparantly Seamus did to.

"Ow," we said and turned around to see Delia, "She can sing," she said and I smiled at her, "In her own little horrible way."

I laughed and she just rolled her eyes and walked upstairs with Hermione and Ginny. "Girls," I said and walked up to our dormitory with Seamus, Dean, Ron and Neville behind me.