Promises

"I hope you leave those clothes in there." Troy's sultry voice said on the opposite end. Gabrielle still couldn't believe that she had one Hollywood's most eligible bachelors lounged across the massive California king bed, waiting to help her violate the sacred vows she said 10 years ago. She never thought that she would end up in the position that she was in, things just happened to turn out that way.

If I do this then there is no turning back. Gaby thought as she sat down on the toilet and let out a long sigh, her heart was beating erratically and her body shook with nervousness as she stripped down to her underwear, fixed her hair before placing her hand on the golden door knob and gave it a turn.

No turning back now.

When she opened the door Troy was waiting for her at the door, he stared at her hungrily as he took in all of the curves he was going to get acquainted with in a matter of seconds.

"You truly are beautiful." He mumbled as he pulled Gaby in his bare chest and captured her lips.

You shouldn't be doing this. Gaby's conscience screamed at her as Troy wrapped her legs around his waist before carrying her off to bed. The cool sheets caressed her burning skin as Troy nibbled at the base of her throat.

Tell him to stop. Her conscience begged.

I can't and I won't. She answered back as Troy removed her black lace panties before burying himself between her thighs. A loud moan escaped from her lips as she tried to keep his name from spilling from her lips. She could feel herself reaching the peak when an obnoxious buzzing sound broke her concentration. Gaby groaned as the persistent buzzing grew louder and louder until she opened her eyes to find herself in her bedroom alone. Gaby waved her hand in front of the alarm clock to shut the annoying sound off and sat up in the bed. She felt like her body was on fire, it was the fourth time that week she had the same dream about Troy but she tried not to dwell on it. After showering and dressing Gaby went to wake up the twins so they could get ready for Elijah's swim meet.

 It had been six weeks since the accident and Jacob's funeral and Gaby found that the pain was still fresh as if it happened yesterday. Gaby didn't know how she was going to be able to move on, she never wanted to forget her baby but she knew that she couldn't stay miserable forever because she had the twins to live for.

"Mom do I have to go, I wanna get some more sleep." Victoria whined as she shuffled into her mother's room while rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"Yes you have to go to support your brother." Gaby said as Victoria climbed into her bed and burying herself under the covers until the only thing showing was her mass of sandy brown curly hair.

"You have thirty minutes to get ready, I'm going to check on your father and when I come back you better be in the shower." Gaby said as she walked out of the room shaking her head. Victoria was not a morning person just like Nick.

Gaby found Nick in his study hovering over his desk as he leaned against a crutch as he looked over papers Ian had brought over the day before. Gaby frowned at the unmade futon and proceeded to fold up the sheets.

"Good morning husband." Gaby said as she straightened up the pillows on the futon.

"Good morning Gaby." Nick mumbled as he flipped through the stack of papers barely look up at her.

"I thought you were going to come to bed last night?" Gaby said as she tossed down a folded comforter at the end of the bed and stared at Nick.

"I thought so too but the pain meds had other ideas." He said with a slight laugh as he looked up at Gaby's un-amused face. Gaby was growing tired of going to bed and waking up to an empty bed. Nick leg was healing nicely and he was able to navigate around the house but when it was time for bed Nick always found some excuse not to go to their room.

"Fine." Gaby huffed as she turned to leave not wanting to start a fight so early in the morning.

"Come here Gabs." He called out; Gaby turned on her heels and faced him.

"Yes?"

"Come here." Nick said as he crooked his finger and to his surprise Gaby sauntered over to him without having him plead with her. When Gaby reached him he dropped his crutch against the desk and wrapped his arms around her waist pulling her close to him. Gaby gazed into his emerald colored eyes and with a sigh she kissed his lips before burying her face in the crook of his neck. Gaby relished in the smell of his favorite soap mixed with his natural scent, and the feel of his skin against her cheek as Nick rubbed her back. Gaby could not understand how she could miss Nick so much when they lived in the same house. "You know we'll get through this." Nick murmured as he kissed Gaby's temple.

"It doesn't feel like it, how can you be so sure?" Gaby said with a sniffle as she looked up at him.

"I know us, and together we can get through anything." Nick said

"Do you promise?" Gaby asked looking up at him.

"I promise." Nick said before he planted a kiss on her lips.

 There were so many things she wanted to say and so many things Nick wanted to say but for the moment they would leave it unsaid and relish in the comfort of being in each others arms.