As We Lay (Snippet)

"If you go, I won't be here when you get back." Nick's words echoed in Gaby's mind as she paced up and down the cool tile floor of the hotel bathroom she had trapped herself in. The image of Nick's shocked expression when she walked out of the door flashed before her every time she closed her eyes. 

How did it come to this? She asked herself as she eyeballed her wedding ring sitting on the counter. The ring seemed to glisten with hope that she would pick it up and place it back onto her finger.

"I hope you leave those clothes in there." Troy's sultry voice said on the opposite end. Gabrielle still couldn't believe that she had one Hollywood's most eligible bachelors lounged across the massive California king bed, waiting to help her violate the sacred vows she said 10 years ago. Gabrielle couldn't deny the fact that she was intensely attracted to him. Whenever Troy was around her got giddy like a little schoolgirl, her mouth would go dry as images of their body entwined together took over her imagination.

 If I do this then there is no turning back. Gaby thought as she sat down on the toilet and let out a long sigh, her heart was beating erratically and her body shook with nervousness.

 "Well if Nick can do it so can I." she mumbled as tears stung her eyes as she tried to bury the pain she was feeling. Gaby got up and stripped down to her underwear, fixed her hair before placing her hand on the golden door knob and gave it a turn.

No turning back now.