The Drummer's Sister: Chapter II

Both me and Josh boarded our plane for San Diego, California. I had to admit I was rather enthusiastic. I had never even been out of Europe before, so flying all the way to California excited me. Plus, I got to spend some time with my badass brother and watch him drum. He really was amazing and I never told him this but I was really proud of him for landing such a great job with One Direction. He talked about them a lot. How they were such nice lads and how they too were immensely talented. Josh said they were all just like brothers to him. He said that I'd get along well with them too. I hoped that I would, I might not listen to their music but you'd have to be blind to not realise how motherfucking attractive they are.

"You excited, squirt?!" he asked me genuinely with a smile. He nudged my arm, before buckling his seat belt.

"Yeah! I actually am, thanks again for taking me," I said sincerely, as I buckled my own. I was at first apprehensive about the whole situation because it would be like I was grounded all summer, but then I realised that I'd be hanging out with my cool drummer brother and One Direction all summer, so I got over it. It would be fun, I told myself.

"But before we even land, let's get one thing straight," he ordered. I sulked down into my seat. Ugh, big brother rules. Yuck. "I know Elle, I know, but I don't want you to do anything to get me fired!" he joked yet with a serious undertone. I scoffed at his bluntness. "Oh you know what I mean. I know you're eighteen and wanna have fun but please keep it to a minimum. I will be working all summer and so will those boys. Be careful with the drinking, the boys get drunk easily and we both know so do you. No smoking. I know you stopped but don't let Zayn convince you." I was fine with that because I tried that once and realised that that was fucking dumb and I wasn't one to fall into peer pressure. Everything I did was my because of my own stupidity not others'. He continued, "And no one nights with ANY of the boys. I don't care if you date any of them but, but promise not to let them fuck you until that happens, okay?"

And that is why I love my brother. I chuckled and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "But I'm allowed to mess with them, right?" I winked dorkily.

"You better," he responded with a chuckle. "But, squirt, just be careful, I don't want any of them to play you, okay. Especially Harry. He's one of my best mates but he knows how to flirt with a girl until her hearts breaks and I don't want that happening to you. I wuv my wittle seester too much." My God he was such a dork.

"I'll be fine, promise. Plus, it's not like any of the guys would really be interested. I'm not exactly gorgeous..." I said. I was never quite confident when it came to my looks. I was rather short, with a round face, and just small all around. I always wished my legs were longer, my hair was shinier, and that my face just looked beautiful. It wasn't until recently that I stopped giving a damn about how I looked. I was born this way and there was nothing I could possibly do about it.

"Shut up, we aren't even talking about this," he said frustrated, knowing that we'd gone over this topic over and over. He insisted that I was the most beautiful sister in the world... which didn't mean much considering he only had one sister. I sat back in my chair and smiled. I shut my eyes, we had another 6 hours left on the plane. Might as well get a nap out of this.

--

"Elle, wake up. The plane's landed," I heard Josh say to me. I rubbed my eyes and gently opened them. Had I really slept for six hours straight? Eh, fuck it. Josh proceeded to unbuckle his belt and grab our carry-ons from the upper head compartment. I stood up and pulled my luggage as I followed him off the plane.

"Where to now big brother?" I asked innocently as we walked through the airport.

"We're heading to the hotel to settle in before sound check. There's a show tonight at 7:30," he replied. I nodded in agreement.