15~ Charlene and Zayn

I sat down at a table outside Starbucks, coffee in hand, setting my skateboard down by my chair.  I sipped my coffee, relaxing as the warm spring breeze played with my hair.  I sat there for a while, doing nothing in particular. 

As I stood up to throw away my empty cup, I stepped on my skateboard, which I had left by my chair, and my feet flew out from underneath me.  I sucked in a gulp of air as my muscles tensed and I braced myself for the inevitable impact with the ground, but it never came.  Instead I found myself suspended in mid-fall, supported by a firm grip on my arms, and my upper back was resting against something that was solid, but definitely human.  I stood up and turned around to see who my lucky savior was, and came face to face with…with, one of those boys from that band, One Direction. 

“Um, thanks” I said awkwardly.

“Don’t mention it.  I’m just glad I happened to be in the right place at the right time,” he said with a small smile, looking at me curiously, probably wondering why I wasn’t squealing my head off or pushing him for a picture. 

“Right, well thanks again, um…Louis?” I said, not altogether sure I got it right, although, frankly, I didn’t really care. 

He chuckled and said, “I’m Zayn”

“Oh, sorry”

 “It’s fine, actually I rather enjoy not being screamed at for once,” he said, smiling.  “By the way, do you maybe know somewhere I could hang out, other than the hotel, where I… where I wouldn’t be interrupted?” he finished by looking warily around. 

“Hmmm, I might” I said with a grin, and walked off, leaving what’s-his-face standing befuddled at the entrance to Starbucks.  Only when I was a good block away did I realize that I left my skateboard behind. 

Groaning, I turned around to get it, there was no way I was just going to leave it there.  I hurried back, walking up to the table I had been sitting at when I saw him, leaning against the wall and holding my skateboard, a small smirk slipping onto his face. 

“I do believe you’ve left something behind,” he said

“I realized that,” I said, slightly rolling my eyes, “can I have it back now.”

“Maybe,” he said, that annoying smirk still on that face of his, “if you answer my question.”

“What question?” I asked, getting annoyed

“If you know somewhere I could hang out.”

The truth was, I could only think of one place that no one else knew of, it was kind of like my sanctuary and there was no way I would tell him about it, ever. 

“come on, just give me my skateboard.”

“hmmm, I don’t think so.”

I let out some sort of humph sound, “If I told you here every one else would know and it wouldn’t be a secret anymore,” I tried.

“Oh so it’s a secret,” he said, I groaned yet again, “well if you whispered it to me no one else would hear,” he smirked. 

“Not gonna happen.”

He pushed himself off the wall and took a step toward me.  I took a step back.  Then, all at once, he was right in front of me, his dark eyes pouring into mine.  He actually was attractive; I mean he had the whole “tall, dark, and handsome” thing going for him.  Plus the tattoos gave him a somewhat bad boy look.  Wait! What was I thinking, this guy won’t give me my skateboard, that’s the issue here, not how hot he is.