1~ Belle and Zayn

1~ Belle and Zayn

"Mom!" I called as I slipped into my blue and white striped bathing suit.

"Yeah?" She called back

"I'm going down to the beach, okay?"

"Sure, just be back in time to eat dinner. I can't have you starving now can I?" My mom said as I slipped into my flip flops and grabbed my beach bag, pre-equipped with a towel, sunblock, and water bottle.

"Okay, mom." I said, grabbing my phone and wallet and adding them to my bag.

"Bells?" mom called as I was grabbing my surfboard.

"Yeah?"

"Did you put sunblock on?"

"Yes I did, and I have it with me too" I said, rolling my eyes just the slightest bit. "bye!" I called to her, and walked out the door into the fresh ocean breeze.

     My mom and I had come down to our family beach house for a few weeks this summer, we had only been here three days so our vacation was just starting.  I started walking the short distance to the beach, excited to surf again.  The smell of the salt air sent a thrill through me, and I quickened my pace, eager to get in the water.  When my feet finally hit the sand of the beach, I searched the afternoon crowd for a place to put my stuff down.  The beach wasn’t very crowded, and I quickly found a spot, spread my towel, put my things on it, grabbed my surfboard and took off to catch a wave. 

     I had been blissfully surfing for about an hour when I heard a commotion by the water not far off.   I had just been paddling out to catch another wave, so I wasn’t far from the shore.  Turning around, I saw five teenage boys, four of whom were forcefully trying to persuade the fifth to join them in the water.  He was emphatically refusing to go into the water, but apparently the other four wouldn’t take no for an answer, they hoisted him up and threw him in, which resulted in a yell from the fifth, and a large splashing and he darted out of the water.  By the time I had saw all this, the ocean had carried me back to shore, so I picked up my board started for my towel.  Looking around, I saw that the four boys were goofing around right in front of where I had set up and that five towels were scattered around mine, the fifth guy was sitting on his towel, which was spread out close to mine, looking none too pleased.  He had dark hair and skin, I couldn’t see his eyes because of the dark sunglasses he had put on. 

     I stuck my surfboard in the sand behind me and laid down on my towel, the guy, who just seemed to notice that I was there, turned and smiled. 

“Hey” He said. I recognized him from somewhere, but I couldn’t place it. 

“Hi, I’m Belle.” I said, smiling back.  Then it hit me, he was Zayn Malik from One Direction! I took a deep breath to calm myself as he spoke.

“Zayn, Zayn Malik” after a pause where he looked at me strangely, I guess waiting for me to fan girl or something, he smiled and said, “how are you”

“I’m doing good, yourself?” I said

“Hello!” One of the other guys said, loudly, as he walked up.  I recognized Louis Tomlinson as I said, “Hi” back. 

“What’s up?” Said another, Niall Horan this time. 

Then there was a softer, “Hello” from Liam Payne and a “Whose the pretty lady you’ve found, Zayn?” From Harry Styles. 

“I’m Belle” I said in response to everyone as they flopped down on their towels.  All the boys shared a look and grinned. 

“1, 2, 3” Liam counted softly then in unison all five boys said: “Hi, we’re One Direction.” I grinned at them and laughed lightly.