2~ Shanice and Harry

     “Hi, I’m Shanice and I’ll be your server for tonight, can I get you anything to drink?” I asked the family of four that sat in the booth, using my overly cheerful waitress voice.  I was on my last table for the night, after this I could go home, relax, and watch TV while pigging out.  If only Harry was in town then the prospect for tonight would be perfect.  He wasn’t, though. 

     He and his band mates were still on tour, they wouldn’t come back until the end of the week.  It seemed like a lifetime away.  And yes, my boyfriend is that Harry.  Harry Styles.  Jealous? Thought so!  We’ve been together for just over three months now, but for two of them he’s been on tour.  He’s coming back for a visit this Friday. 

     Finally finished my shift, I trudged along the sidewalk toward home.  I kicked a pebble with my toe and watched it skip along the sidewalk.  Why do people say that pebbles skip? They’re not hopping and stepping…rabbits hop, why would an animal hop? I wonder if it’s more fun than walking…Lets find out!

     So I started skipping and hopping down the sidewalk, just to find out.  Sadly, although it was fun, it quickly took away my breath, so I stopped to pant. 

     When I looked up after having gotten my breathing back to normal, I saw that I had gotten home in record time.  I walked the few more steps up to my front door and unlocked it.  Everything inside was abnormally quiet and still.  I heard a shuffle and quickly turned toward it, no one was there.  “Mom?” I called out, then remembered she said that her and dad were going out for the night. 

     I flicked on the nearest light switch and jumped a mile in the sky when five teenage boys popped up from behind the sofa shouting “Surprise!”  

     “Jesus Christ on a bike!" I shouted, and thankfully there was a wall behind me, because otherwise I would now be on the floor.  Apparently the look of pure shock on my face was funny; anyway the boys were all literally rolling on the floor laughing.  Ha ha.  Scaring Shanice is absolutely hilarious.  “BOYS!” I shouted.  Everyone shut up immediately.  I was just about to yell at them when Harry came up to me. 

   “Hello, love.” He said, looking deep into my eyes.  I was just about to forget what I had been about to say when I remembered.  I shook myself out of the trance I fell into looking at those green eyes. 

“Boys, there is only one way I can forgive you.” I said.

“What would that be?” Niall asked, all of them looked scared. 

“A contest” I smirked evilly, “tomorrow afternoon we’ll have a contest, each person has to find at least two wild, wacky, and absolutely insane outfits and then model them in a contest.” Everyone looked at me weirdly. 

“And how would a winner be picked?” Harry asked. 

“I’ll judge, and the looser will make dinner.” I would have said that the looser would make dinner for a week, but I stopped myself at the last second, depending on who loses that might be fatal.  "Now, if I was you I’d get going." I said. 

     The boys all rushed out of the house, I laughed a little to myself; this is going to be fun!  I turned to go into the kitchen to find something to eat, when I bumped into Harry. 

“I didn’t get to say hello” he whispered. 

“hi” I said, in a somewhat smaller voice.  His head was steadily coming closer to mine.  His lips touched mine for an instant, then he was gone. 

“I’m going to go win that challenge of yours.” He said with a smirk, then disappeared out the door.  I let out a breath, then went into the kitchen. 

     The next morning I was busy setting up the basement for our little competition.  I curtained off two of the corners as ‘backstage’ and set up a sort of runway in between the two ‘backstage’ areas.  Next step was to set up my judges table.  I got paper, pens, a bowl of candy, a water bottle, my iPod and speakers, and a video camera.  I set up the video camera so that it would catch everything, then checked the clock, they should be here soon!

     One by one the boys came in, all carrying bags, and I showed them the backstage areas.  When everyone had come I gave them the lineup, Louis would go first, then Niall, Liam, Zayn, Harry, and repeat the cycle until everyone’s costumes had been shown.  They divided themselves between the two dressing rooms and started getting ready.  After giving them time, I started the video camera and made some sort of introduction. 

     I sat down and pressed play on my iPod, Call Me Maybe filled the room and Louis strutted out.  He was wearing shorts that resembled a patchwork quilt, a bright orange and green polka dotted cami, beaded flip flops, and a bright blue bob wig.  He strutted down the runway, looking slightly like a chicken, and posed when he got to the end, winked at the camera, turned, and strutted back. 

     Niall came out next, dressed in huge plaid paints, a Hawaiian button up shirt, a size too big for him, fuzzy purple slippers, and pink heart shaped sunglasses.  He blew a kiss to the camera after strutting like a flamingo down the runway, and strutted back.

     Liam was third, and he was wearing a big teady bear suit without the head part, and instead had a green sparkly top hat on his head.  Zayn came out next, he had stuffed a pillow up an enormous faded pink tee shirt, floral print pants that dragged on the floor as he walked, a black feather boa wound around his head and neck, and white winter gloves. 

    After Zayn came Harry, he was wearing an enormous hot pink and lime green striped dress that made him look like a deflated hot air balloon had landed on him, a tiara, and bright pink lipstick. 

     By this time I was nearly in tears from laughing so hard.  The song changed and Moves Like Jagger came on just as Louis emerged with his second outfit.  He was wearing a beaded vest, white short- shorts, a rainbow scarf wound around his head, and was rolling a suitcase behind him.  How he got that piece of luggage in here without me noticing I have no idea. 

     Next Niall came out wearing pants that looked like they were made of tin foil, a blue poncho, and a backpack that was on the wrong way. 

     Liam was next, he had grass hula skirt on his head, multiple large beaded, colorful necklaces and bracelets, a white tee that was too short, and black yoga pants with random glow in the dark lines on them making them look like something from the movie Tron. 

     Zayn was next, and he was wearing a long, purple, floor-length skirt, a yellow rain jacket, and a long pale pink wig. 

     Harry was last, and he wore a pink tutu and tights, a shirt that looked like it was made out of newspaper, and a Darth Vader helmet.  The song ended as everyone joined Harry out on stage to await my judgments. 

     In the end I couldn’t pick a winner or a looser, all of them were insane and I didn’t quite trust any of them in the kitchen either, so we all decided to order pizza instead.  That night I fell asleep in Harry's arms as we were all watching a movie. 

A/N~ @SummerRaynex crazy, I know.  I hope it's not too crazy...well let me know! if you don't like it I can always do another =)