4~ Chyna Labelle and Niall

     I was sitting on my couch, deeply engrossed in my favorite zombie game.  It was evening and the weather outside was depressing.  Rain lashed the windows and wind whipped the branches of the trees around making them snap and groan.  Suddenly, I heard a shriek.  I was too focused on my game to take any notice though.  Then there was another,  and then quickly the shriek grew to a shouting.  It sounded like a million cats were being tormented. 

     “What…?” I asked no one in particular, going to the window to try to see what was going on.  When I wasn’t able to make out was going on from the window, I went to the front door and opened it, peering out into the rain.  The sound was getting louder, and I was able to make out a group of people running down the street in my neighborhood.  It was a bunch of teenage girls! They were screaming, crying, and generally making fools of themselves.  Then I saw the reason for all this commotion, running for their lives in front of them, were five teenage guys.  I recognized them as none other than the famous One Direction.  They shouted something between themselves, then started to separate.  The girls split into five sections as each girl made after one of the members of the famous boy band.  I was standing in my doorway observing all the madness when, to my horror, I saw a bunch of girls running toward me; they were following Niall Horan. 

     Before I had time to do anything, shut the door, run for my life, scream my head off, anything, Niall had run up to the door, right in front of me, said something I couldn’t make out over all the mayhem, and pushed his way inside the house, dragging me with him and slamming the door behind him.  Once inside, he leaned against the door to catch his breath. 

“Tanks, I thought I was done for. ” He breathed out after a moment.  "I'm Niall." he said and smiled.

“No problem, and I'm Chyna Labelle.” I said, trying to remain calm.  Going over to the window, Niall pushed back the curtain and looked out. 

“Well” He said, after surveying the crowd, “mind if I stay for a bit?”

“Sure, stay as long as you need to.” I said.  “Wanna play a video game?” I asked after a moment of awkward silence.

“Yeah!” Niall said, and I let the way to where I was sitting just a second ago. 

     Tossing him an extra controller, we started up the game.  After playing for a full hour, during which we talked effortlessly, Niall and I decided to take a break from playing and go check on the crowd.  We both realized that the screaming had stopped, but neither of us could say when it had died out.  When we go to the window, we were amazed to find that nobody was outside. 

“Where’d they go?” I asked.

“No idea, they usually stay a lot longer.” Was the reply. 

“Do you think they’re hiding or something?”

“Let’s go check!” and with that Niall opened the door and we went out.  We cautiously peeped around every corner of the house, behind every bush and tree, but no fans.  In fact, everything was completely still.  Not a bird sang, not a murmur of voices from anywhere.  It was as if we were the only ones left in the world. 

“Niall…” I said, my voice somewhat unsteady

“What is it, love?” he asked, and when he saw the fear that was in my eyes he put his arm around my shoulders.

I looked him in the eyes, “You don’t think they were killed by zombies, do you?” Niall laughed.

“No, I don’t think they were killed by zombies.” He said, still grinning.

“Phew! For a moment there I thought I’d have to save the world, what a pain that would have been!” Niall only laughed again as response. 

“I should see if the others are free yet” He said and took out his phone.  A puzzled look crossed his face, “My battery’s dead, but it was fully charged just a few hours ago.”’

“You can use mine” I offered, “come on inside.” Just as I to go back inside, a noise reached my ears, Niall stiffened beside me, showing that he heard it too.  Quick as a flash we turn toward the noise.  There, in broad daylight, was a real living zombie.  Not taking time to think, I reached for the nearest weapon, it was a trashcan lid, and hurled it at the monster.  Meanwhile Niall grabbed a fallen limb and rushed at the unsuspecting zombie, beating it over the head multiple times with the branch while I whacked it with my lid.  It fell dead, and Niall and I shared a look of horror, confusion, and disbelief as we stood panting. 

     However we didn’t have time to say much, for we both spotted more zombies scattered in the distance.  I grabbed another branch from the ground as Niall found a trash can lid, and both armed thus with our sticks and lids, we went off to save the world.  I rushed on one of the living dead, killing it with my epic smurf ninja moves while Niall took out another one.  We rushed around the neighborhood, taking out zombies and being the awesome heroes that we were.  We had just taken out our 105th zombie, when everything started shaking.  I grabbed at Niall to steady himself and he clutched me but the shaking didn’t stop.  I jerked, and was back sitting on the couch in front of the TV, Niall was shaking me. 

“Wha…?” I mumbled

“You fell asleep” Niall said with a chuckle.   

“Oh.” I said, “Why’d you wake me up?”

“I just wanted to say tanks and good bye, the others just texted me that they’re free and on their way to pick me up.”

“That’s...good.” I said, not wanting him to go. 

“I had fun, we should hangout again sometime.” Niall said, “Here, give me your phone.” I did as he asked, and he entered his number into it.  Smiling, I gave him my number.  A horn blared outside, and Niall rolled his eyes.  “Louis is here.”  He said.  We stood up and I walked him to the door.  Before he went outside he pulled me into a hug, he was so warm and comfortable, I never wanted to let him go, but I had to, for the sake of both our hearing at least, Louis seemed to be stuck to the horn.  We pulled apart and he went outside, I waved to him as he got inside the waiting car, and he drove off. 

Later that evening I got a text from Niall:

“Thanks again for letting me hide in your house, I had fun :) x”

I smiled as I texted back:

"So did i"

"im free tomorrow, wanna hang out?"

"Sounds good!"

"great, I'll pick you up?"

"ok, see ya :)"

"see ya tomorrow :) x"

I hung out with Niall a lot over the next few weeks, and he eventually asked me out.  When he asked me if I wanted to be his girlfriend I couldn't form a coherent sentences for a full five minutes, but vigorous nodding, hugging, and a kiss made up for that. 

A/N~ @BlackRoses4 I hope you like it, I know it's a little strange... =)