12. Ending

- Eddie's POV -

It had been one of the best nights I had ever experienced.

Our friends had cheered joyfully as they applauded us, and wrapped us up supportively in their embraces.

After celebrating the relationship between Richie and I and playing a few different party games, we all eventually started dancing to music playing through the nearby radio.

Richie placed his hands on my waist, pulling my chest against his own as we swayed to the beat.

I rested my head against his shoulder, closing my eyes contently as I enjoyed the warmth.

Richie sighed against the top of my head before he whispered. "I love you."

I smiled in awe, tightening my grip on his shirt. "I love you too."

Suddenly, several loud knocks could be heard from the front door.

"I'll get it." Bill decided, nodding towards us before he placed his red plastic cup on the coffee table behind him and turned the blaring radio down significantly.

Our friends mumbled amongst themselves, wondering who it could be.

Richie led me to the unoccupied sofa, pulling me onto his lap so we could take a break. "I told you this would be fun." He teased, giving me an "I told you so!" type of look.

I grinned in response. "It has been."

An abrupt silence fell over the remainder of our group as we heard the sound of a vase crashing against the hardwood flooring, along with a pained groan from Bill.

"Bill?!" Stan cried out worriedly, rushing towards the entrance of Richie's home. "Shit!"

We all immediately followed behind him.

My jaw dropped and my eyes widened out of sheer fear once I noticed Henry Bowers standing over Bill's limp body.

"Get the fuck out of my house!" Richie yelled out defensively, a look of disgust and rage stuck upon his face. "Get out now!"

Henry simply chuckled as he kicked Bill's weakened body out of his way and stepped further inside. "We're not going anywhere, four eyes."

The rest of Henry's loons followed him inside, carrying various weaponry, as usual.

I noticed that Beverly had leaned her body against the doorframe leading into the living area, and was sneakily reaching her arm towards a tall standing lamp.

Once she had gripped it, she grunted with determination as she charged forward, beating one of the boys closest to us with the lamp.

The light source flickered and sparked momentarily before the bulb eventually burst and glass shards scattered across the floor. The lampshade was already dented from the force she was using.

The victim fell instantaneously, his head coming into contact with the ground beneath him, rendering him unconscious.

Henry furrowed his eyebrows angrily before he grabbed Beverly's petite wrist and slung her body into the wall behind him. "You're going to get it now!"

"Let her go!" Ben demanded in a loud, intimidating tone that none of us had ever heard from him before. Before I could blink, he had captured Henry in an inescapable chokehold, and was pulling him down to the floor violently.

Beverly managed to break free from Henry, falling to her knees as she started shaking from all of the combat that had ensued.

Henry elbowed Ben in the stomach, causing our friend to gasp in agony, and start gagging from how powerful the blow was.