(This chapter does include smut. I separated it from the other parts, so feel free to skip over it if you'd like.)

- Eddie's POV -

Everything was happening so fast between Richie and I.

I never would have imagined that my best friend would be kissing me back so lovingly.

I never would have imagined him kissing me at all.

And I never would have imagined myself enjoying this so much.

I noticed that his lips had moved away from mine and against my neck instead. I squirmed uncomfortably in his arms, not used to all of these new feelings.

"W-We can't do this here." I stammered out nervously, looking directly into his eyes with seriousness intended. "I don't know if I'm ready yet..."

"I'm ready." Richie confessed in a confident tone. "And I think you are too. You're just scared."

I blushed out of sheer embarrassment, knowing that he was completely right, but I came up with another excuse to try to get myself out of this situation. "You can say I'm over thinking, but this doesn't seem like a good time or a good place."

"I know you're over thinking, Eddie. We have a few minutes to make this happen, and I want it to. I know you do to. I understand that you're scared, but I'm here, okay?" Richie moved his hands beneath my sweater, removing it swiftly from my body.

"What if someone catches us?" I asked, gripping his shoulders tightly as my paranoia began to take complete control of my mind, making me an anxiety-ridden mess. "We should go back."

"It's almost dark. No one can see us, and no one will find us. It's just me and you right now, okay? Let's just focus on this." Richie was trying desperately to distract me, to help me feel more comfortable, but it wasn't easy.

It was never easy.

I knew that I was ready, but I was terrified of what could happen next.

What if someone caught us?

What if our parents found out?

Worst of all, what if Richie lost interest after this?

I also knew that the chances of all of those things happening were highly unlikely, but it continued to daunt on my mind.

"Eddie." Richie cuffed my face gently with both hands like he had done so many times before, bringing me back to reality. "I want this. I want you."

I exhaled a long, reluctant breath, biting down on my lip as I mustered up the courage to continue what we started. "Me too."

•••

- SMUT -

I started to unbutton Richie's top and leaned in fast, kissing him deeply. Richie trailed his hands along my chest, waist, and back, touching me all over. Once his shirt was unbuttoned, I slipped it off of his arms with ease. Once he was freed, Richie moved his hands beneath the waistbands of my shorts and underwear, grabbing onto the warm skin. "You have a really nice ass, Eds." He bluntly commented, sending a sweet, sincere grin my way. "Just saying."