9.

- Richie's POV -

The next morning I was awoken by an unusual warmth surrounding one side of my body.

That warmth was my Eddie.

He was sleeping soundly beside of me with a peaceful look upon his face, his once neat brunette hair was now a messy bed head, and his cheeks were flushed.

I rubbed my tired eyes, and started to pat the ground beside of me, searching for my glasses.

Eddie stirred as he felt my movement, and slowly raised up to sit. "Good morning."

"Hey there." I yawned and slid my glasses onto my face. "Ready to have some fun today?"

Eddie nodded eagerly, leaning over to plant a gentle kiss against my cheek.

Luckily he had pulled away by the time our tent was unexpectedly opened.

Bill had kneeled down in front of our tent, and was eating a granola bar of some sort as he peeked inside. "Y-You two going s-swimming? Mike knows a g-g-great spot to j-jump off of. W-We tried to l-let you guys sleep in. You seemed p-pretty tired."

"Yeah, we'll be out in a minute." I replied in a groggy morning voice, searching through my backpack for my hiking clothes and swim trunks.

"Okay. I'm waiting for e-everyone else." Bill concluded, closing the flaps of the tent before wandering off.

"How are you feeling this morning?" I suddenly questioned. "Your ass okay?"

Eddie rolled his eyes as he usually did, seeming both humiliated and annoyed by the question. "Yes, my ass is fine."

"I know it is. It's definitely fine." I snickered, freeing my outfit from the mess of items inside of my backpack. "Aren't you going to get naked again? I get excited when you do that."

Eddie sighed lengthily, shaking his head. "All I'm going to hear about from now on is sex."

"Well, that's not all you'll hear about. You get to listen to my problems, what I love about you, and all of that shit. But that's basically the same old stuff that we've been talking about for years." I reminded him, swapping my old tattered t-shirt for a clean one as I spoke.

Eddie smiled at that, getting dressed as we conversed. "I don't mind listening to your problems."

"I don't mind listening to yours." I agreed, leaning across the mess of clothing, blankets, and other miscellaneous items between us to kiss him briefly. "Almost ready?"

He nodded again, buckling his fannypack into place and raking his fingers through his messy hair. "As ready as I'll ever be."

Once we were both dressed, we crawled out of the tent together.

"Took you two long enough." Stan commented, messing with some of his loose curls that were uncontrollable from the prior windy night. "We're all ready to swim."

"It's really hot out here." Ben complained, pushing his damp hair away from his forehead.

"Okay crybabies, go forth!" I called out in one of my many voices.