Chapter 13 | Feelings

A S H

The next few days flew past me like soft breeze and yet, she's still in my mind. Her bright green eyes are stuck in my head.

I turn towards my street and the house is there. I kick the golden leaves on the ground as I walk up to the front door and knock on it. Almost immediately it opens and Cindy's there glaring at me. 

"Come on get in, I really look ridiculous in this outfit." She says her usual phrase every time she opens the door for me.

I slide past her and walked in. Nothing had moved where it was but something was just different about the house today. I didn't see it as an undercover as much as I used to, I saw it as my home. I shouldn't but that's just how I feel now.

I walk up the oak staircase and then straight into my room.

"Hey. Commander keeps on complaining, saying you can't hear him or somethin'. My undercover Dad, Jed, says.

"Better take another one of these." He throws me an earpiece.

Maybe when I rescued Cara, it broke or got lost.

I looked blankly at it in its clear packaging. 

"Well put it on." He said sternly. I listened immediately and ripped the clear film and put it on. As soon as I put it on he leaves.

Her image floods into my mind again. Her golden hair and amazing green eyes. Her lips... her lips. Wait. What's happening to me. Do I... do I like-

"Hey Ash!" Jed calls.

"Yes."

"You better not be slacking on the mission 'cos if you do I will get on the injections again."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please vote and follow!

Will Ash disobey his orders?

Happy reading 😘