Chapter 3 | What?!

C A R A

Mum never woke me up today. She always wakes me up. I feel my heartbeat faster and panic creeps itself onto me like an illness.

"Mum?," I call. No answer. I throw my covers aside and call again. No answer. Did he take Mum? He's meant to be coming for me. I pace to my parent's room, Dad's gone to work as usual but Mum's not there. I run downstairs and look for Mum. Soon, I heard a relaxing but loud voice saying...

"Close your eyes and focus on the sound around you." I open the door to my Mum's studio, she was there sitting cross-legged, her arms on her thighs and her fingers curled in the O.K sign.

"Mum!" I ran to her and hugged her tight.

"Honey, what's this for? You I'm trying to do Headspace to have mindfulness and you're disturbing me."

"Urr, sorry Mum," I said, my smile spreading to each ear. Mums sometimes.

"Go get ready for school, I don't want you to have late detention again." She said as I left the room.

------------------------------------------------------

At the S.S. base, where only S.S. can go and is unknown to others. 

------------------------------------------------------

A S H

"You want me to go to school!" I grumbled.

"Of course, Bambi, in order to get what we need you need to be around her 24/7." The Commander stated as I pulled a funny face, I don't want to be around her 24/7.

"What about all that school stuff like clothes, books, my fake parents?" I challenged him.

"We got that covered, just tap this address into your Star Watch and you will be at your temporary home." He gave me a ripped piece of newspaper with an address on it. "Hurry along now, son, you have to get to school in an hour." The Commander said happily rubbing his hands together. I groan.

I tap in the address and in no time I was at the place I was staying at. It was a semi-detached house with warm red bricks and a blueish-grey rooftop, the grass was cut down so low that you couldn't cut it any shorter.

A white marble path led straight to the door of the house and a sign saying "SOLD" in bright red block capital letters stood next to it, standing proudly.

The sun shone through the street heating up my back and the cheerful blue sky livened the atmosphere, it looked like a normal, happy family home and not undercover.

Commander has done well, I think to myself. I cautiously walked towards the house door and rang the doorbell.

Immediately, a petite girl wearing a blue floral dress and yellow heels stood before me, her brown hair was up in a stylish bun, she wore green glasses that complimented her eye colour and her face was caked in makeup.

"Come inside quickly, I look ridiculous in this outfit." She hissed looking down at herself, her quiet voice sounded familiar. I walked into the house. The kitchen was straight ahead and it was filled with new appliances that sat on shiny granite countertops.

To the left of the well-decorated hallway was the living room and to the right was an oak staircase with a bright, new burgundy carpet lined in the middle like a path and it curved upwards like a spiral.

"Cindy, is that you?" I asked smirking at her as I entered the house, scrutinizing her face.

"Yes... it's me." She replied irritated.