Chapter 1 | Not Again

Let's fast forward to the future, about 11 years later...

------------------------------------------------------

A S H

"Get out my site you failure!" Commander Joe screeched as his voice cracked.

I was standing by the mahogany door listening to another young and stupid undercover assassin failing the most important mission in S.S. history. The assassination of Cara Kent, the offspring of the traitor, Howard Kent. This was revenge for what he did to us.

For the past 17 years, the S.S. has lost its power to work with MI6 and other police forces because apparently, we weren't as 'skilled as we used to be' and 'frauds'  because Kent failed one mission which made us lose many of our privileges.

Our funds have shortened in a blink of an eye and it's all his fault, so we're getting revenge, and for the past 17 years not one of us, assassins, have killed this girl, and I'm going to be the one who does it, finally.

I heard the failure's pleas to the Commander, her voice was so quiet that it was impossible for me to hear what she was saying.

"You've done enough, Cindy! Now she might even move schools, again, because of you!" I heard soft mumbling.

"Stop the pleading, you're getting me irritated..." The Commander paused for a while and more muttering continued. "Guards, take her away."

"No! Please!" I heard her cry.

"If you speak again you'll lose your high ranking, Cindy. You should have thought twice, for a matter of fact thrice!" The Commander blackmailed. I heard the rustling sound of Comatose sleep spray then followed by the dragging of feet. I didn't feel the least scared about this. I knew I was next to do this mission and I was going to accomplish it.

"Come in, Bambi." He said.

"Yes Sir." I said as I entered the grand office whilst I fixed my uniform and comb my dark brown hair with my hands. I stomped one of my feet and saluted.

Almost everything in the office was mahogany, chairs, tables, grandfather clocks, even the very floor was mahogany and polished so crisply that you could probably see your face in it. The mahogany was so rich in darkness it reflected the bad mood the Commander was in. The office was hot and sticky. The only breeze was from the rubbish AC, I felt a bead of sweat run down my cheek as I struggled to keep in my salute position.

"Why do you look so scared, Ash?" He chuckled, actually using my real name for the first time that I had known him. He nicknamed me Bambi because, not only the fact that I was an orphan, but I was always hopeful, hopeful of assassinating this weak girl, that seemed so hard to kill.

"I have been thinking, you know." He started. "I want you to take over this mission, you are my strongest assassin now and this will be a great first mission for you." He smiled.

"Yes Sir." I replied, changing my position to standing with my legs shoulder width apart, my hands behind my back and my head held high.

"This will be your gear." He stated as he clicked his fingers for the guard standing behind the shining door for my gear.

It was held in a small suitcase filled with a Star Watch, which can teleport you anywhere, Comatose spray, which will knock you out in milliseconds, a stealth uniform, that make you walk through things and disappear, a chameleon technology earpiece, so I can hear the Commanders orders on what to do, it also allows the earpiece to blend with its surroundings so it can't be seen. Undercover stationary which can transform into all sorts of weapons, was also in there. It was soon handed to me.