Leah's Turn

Ji

I get inside the court room and sit down looking at the jug of water I pour some out and sip on some. Not long the judge enters "order i am judge Franklin we may begin" my lawyer stands up "your grace, here Mr Kim is suing Miss Cheng for £10,000 of money that has been missing from his company". Ah with all that was being said I just wanted to get in with it and get my money Leslie steps into the area talking about "oh we are best friends why would I steal from my best friend?" My lawyer looks at her "Miss Cheng? You claim that MrKim hired you as a partner?" She nods "yes! He did he also gave me the books" sit back and hold my seat I did no such thing! Finally my turn I stand in the area near the judge and asked if I hired her to run the company "no I only hired her as my assistant she is not supposed to have the books at all I never gave then to her"

TWO WEEKS LATER

Back and forth for a good two weeks finally today I will know what the verdict will be I sit in the court and look around Leah is here sitting a row behind me she gives me a thumbs up. I wink at her "order!" The judge says we all rise "after two weeks reviewing this case I have come with an conclusion I do believe that Mr Kim hired Miss Chang as an assistant as a way to help him in his situation with his company going down. I do not believe that Miss Chang was hired as a partner of Downtown records although she was with Mr Kim from the beginning of the company it does not give her a right as a partner as there is no written proof. Maybe because of jealously? Or other things caused Miss Chang to steal from her best friend and not only watch him crumble but turn around and comfort him. Miss Chang, you are a terrible human being! What you have done is immature stop acting like a spoilt child and get your life together. And as for you Me Kim I suggest that you watch and observe the people that you have around you" I nod my head "judge is for the plaintiff in the amount of £10,000 Miss Chang pay him his money!" I sigh and clear my throat I'm excited but I have to keep it in I shake my lawyer'a hand In the midst of all the celebration I look back Leah's not there. I wonder where she is?

Leah

I sit there listening and nodding my head while shooting dirty looks at Leslie what a witch?! She's lucky we're in court I would have jumped up and kick her in her neck! My phone vibrates I get up and walk out quickly and quietly I look at the unfamiliar number on my phone and answer "hello?" A loud voice beams through "hello is this Leah?" I say yes "hi my name is Joan form Hype records. Yes about your appointment with The CEO he has cancelled I'm sorry Forever young are not what we are looking for at the moment" I kiss my teeth "you know this is the fifth record company that has turned my girls down I'm sick and tired of you guys don't worry, when my girls make it don't bother calling me I won't answer!" I turn off my phone I am fuming! I storm out of the court room and go home.

At home hours later I lay in bed it was hard telling the girls now they've lost all faith in me what am I going to do? When am I going to start my label? How can I start it? I roll over onto my side as my phone rings I look at the message on my screen from Tiffany "Ji won the case!" I sigh and slap my forehead the case! Ah I forgot! I look at the time it's 8:30pm ah I have to go and see him! I don't care if he's sleeping! I jump up and put on a huge jumper and slip on my shoes and run downstairs I grab a cab on the way I stop at a shop and buy a cheap bottle of champagne then play out how I will apologise in my head what am I going to say? He must be mad at me. I sigh and think I get to his house and pay the cab I get out and walk to his gate and press the bell a loud buzzing sound comes out I push the gate open and go in.

I walk up to his door and go in I slip off my shoes and go into an empty living room "hello?" I say and look around "I'm up here!" I follow the voice upstairs and get to Ji's room he's sitting on his bed watching television "hey" he says I step inside " Ji I'm so sorry I wasn't there at the end and ummm, congratulations!" I say and hold up the champagne bottle he laughs and lifts an empty one "already done it" I sit down "it's okay I still got room for more" I open the bottle he gives me a glass I pour out the drink and cheer we drink "why did you leave?" I sigh "ah man" I look down "what's wrong?"he asks very concerned "the label I wanted the girls to get into fell through" he nods "oh" I take a sip "that's the fifth label now the girls are so upset" I lay back on the comfortable fluffy pillows and look up "what's the point? . . . I've messed up" Ji frowns "it's not all that bad Leah"

I stare at the ceiling "what?" I answer confused he lays next to me leaning on his elbow and holding his glass in his left hand "well, soon I will be £10,000 richer and get Downtown up and running again, why don' t you tell me how to run it?" I look at him shocked "wha-. . . What?" He laughs "you've always wanted your own label right? Why not start now?" I sit up "Ji that's your money! I don't want you spending it on me!" He puts his glass down "Leah look at it this way, you will have the chance to own your own label. It's the start you've always wanted! Right?" I don't know what to say or how to feel I look around "Ji . . . I don't know what to say" he laughs at me " but if I'm in charge I want you there! We can own it" he nods "yes . . . But I want you to be in charge" I don't know what to say I scratch my head "just say yes Leah" I laugh "what are we going to call it?" He looks up "why not. . . . Brand New " I nod and add "entertainment " We clink our glasses together and sip I'm so happy I cuddle Ji not able to control myself "okay okay " he says. And kisses on my cheek. He looks at me his face is serious "Leah . . . I have to get this out now" I nod my head " I . . . Well . . " he doesn't know where to start I put my glass down and smile I have a feeling I know what he means with all that has been happening it's about Time I open up too. Life is too short even if things get weird between us it's worth a try! He holds my hand " Leah I -" I lean in and kiss him and sit back smiling he covers his mouth shocked I laugh at his reaction "come on Ji you've always wanted to do that with me right?" He smiles and bites his bottom lip and looks into my eyes he moves closer and says "come here"