New Job

I quit my job at the music store I felt stuck in there I was only there to make money. I have been calling my uncle for weeks regarding the new job I sit on my bed waiting for him to call I pace back and forth in my room i look at the time it's 6pm why won't he answer his phone? I think to myslef i run downstairs to get some food and see Destiny watching television "what are you watching?" she scratches her head "just some music videos" i sit next to her and watch them i hear a faint noise in the background it's my phone! I put my plate down and run upstairs to my room and answer my phone "hello?" it''s my uncle "hello dear, how are you?" "fine" i answer "guess what? I spoke to my partner and he has a client that needs an assistant" i jump up and down "okay okay when do i start?" "you will start next Monday you know what I will email you the details okay? and please don't let me down!" "ok no problem, thanks Uncle" i hang up and dance in my room i can't wait to start my new job.

I run downstairs to finish my food and tell my sister "congrats! let's celebrate" She runs to the kitchen and grabs a bottle of champagne "no no put that back!" i shout back and follow her to the kitchen we have some coca cola and cheers my sister and I watch movies all night then i go to bed. in my room i read the email of the address and who i'm working for "JI? who the hell is Ji? i look him up he is a label owner huh?"

Monday I wake up early and get my self ready the sun is shining and i am in a good mood. I dress up in a navy blue day dress with white buttons across the top with a white hand bag and shoes. I pack my hair back with a little quif in the front and finish off with a white cardigan. I walk downstairs and see my mum with a huge smile on her face "awww look at you!" i smile "okay mum. . . . here i go" I smile and walk out ready to start. I get on the bus and look through my phone to see how to get there.At the building with the words

DOWNTOWN Records across the top I take a deep breath Okay Leah here we go I say to myself I walk in and look at the foyer area i walk up to the large reception desk and see two women at the desk one of them is on the phone the women are white with a lot of make up.

"Welcome to Downtown records how can I help?" I clear my throat "hello, my name is Leah I am here to see Mr Ji?" she types on the computer "alright. . . . . just take a seat please?" I nod my head and sit at the little sofa with a small coffee table. The foyer is painted white with red furniture the sofa is red and the coffee table red the building has large floor to ceiling windows i look around the area a small petite woman comes over to me "would you like some tea, coffee, or water?" I look at her "oh water please." the woman leaves she returns with a bottle of water and a glass "thank you" i say i open the bottle and pour the water and sip it slowly trying to calm myself down.

The same woman comes back "Mr Ji would like to see you now Ms Adams" I nod and follow her upstairs I don't know what to think or feel we go to a lift she presses the 7th button the doors open i follow her to another foyer the same colour as downstairs the woman stops at the door "wait here" she says to me she knocks on the door "come in" a male voice says the woman enters "oh Mr Kim your 10:30 appointment is here" i hear his voice "it's only 10:15 she's early" i hear another voice in the room the woman comes back "you can come in now" i thank the woman and enter the room and see my uncle he looks at me and smiles "oh Ji this is the lady I was telling Frank you about, she's very hardworking" Ji turns to face me i freeze . . . .he's more handsome in person i stretch out my hand "it's nice to meet you" i say with a little smile "glad to meet you Leah" he smiles.

Ji's story

Great another assistant I think to myself I never wanted one why don't these people listen to me? I'm going to make her quit! she's cute though. I came here all the way from Korea with money and an idea i started this label with my bare hands form the ground up and not letting anyone mess it up for me assistants are a wate of space! They mess up everything the last one had was so gullible and always got things wrong.

I sit on my chair as Ryan leaves and ask Leah to sit down "you came early. . . . I like that" she smiles "so why do you want to become my asisstant?" i ask her she's playing with her fingers and seems nervous "don't be shy, i don't bite" she laughs "well, i am hard working and put my all in everything i do. I am always on time and i'm a good loyal team player and-" i raise my hand "okay i've heard enough so as you can see this is my business my label i worked really hard i'm sure youv'e heard of me" she shakes her head "not really" i can't believe she doesn't know  me "okay , this is my office you will start your shifts at 8am meaning I want you here early by half seven or quater to okay? out there is your desk you know how write emails and stuff right?" she nods "cool, you will be asissting me in my meetings and visits as well as helping me out in here okay?" she nods "so,you can start by getting me a mocha latte with cream and chocolate sprinkles with two chocolate filled crossants. . . from starbucks" She grabs a pen and paper from my desk. . . . she's quick "anything else Mr Kim?" she asks i laugh at her "please Mr Kim is my father's name call my Ji" she nods her head and get's going.

Fifteen minutes later she returns with my coffee and crossants "here you are sir" she places them on the table i give her a list of names "here email these people and ask them to book an appointment for meetings. she nods and goes to her desk.

Leah

Woah what alot of thing s to do i put the computer on and start typing wow look at these names? all these labels i start writing the emails and rearrange the desk "Leah!" he's calling me "yes Mr Ji" i enter the room "Here take this" he gives me a book it has his picture on it "you have a biography?" he nods "yeah, now you can know about who you are working for" i nod and go to my desk i open the book and its signed

To Leah:

here's to a good start hope you enjoy your time here

Wow he signed it just for me the phone rings i answer "Good morning, Downtown Records Mr Kim's office?" I sound so profesional this is going to be fun! I direct the canal over to him "yes" he answers "Mr Ji you have a call from Music Box magazine in line one" "ok" he answers I put the call through I am so proud of myself.

I continue to do more work and go to a little office next to his to file some papers away a lady is in there "good morning" I say to her she looks at me with a bright smile "good morning! You're Ji's new assistant right?" I nod my head as she stretches her hand out for a shake "I'm Tiffany I handle the accounts and budgets of this place" I smile "okay "

Ji 

I finish with the magazine people and call my friend Leslie she's been in the business for a long time I always go to her for advice. I call her "hey Leslie" she answers "hey how are you?" I scratch my head "I'm fine, you free for lunch?" She answers "yes we can meet at the little cafe in like 5 minutes?" She says "yeah" I say I hang up and put on my jacket I come out of my office and go to the accounts office and see Leah with Tiffany "Leah I'm going to lunch, take some messages and have lunch too" she nods her head I walk out to the cafe that's only around the corner I walk down and turn right across the road is the cafe.

It's a lovely sunny day so I sit outside to wait for Leslie I see her walking towards me " hey!" She says I get up and greet her and pull out her chair. "Ready to order?" I ask she nods we order out lunch " heard you got a new assistant" I scratch my head " yes, she's alright today is her first day"