The Other Side of Ji Kim

Leah

I sit there and stare at the food "Bon appetite" Ji says I look at him "I'm not eating all of this" I say shaking my head as Ji has already started on his meal he looks up from his plate with his mouth full he speaks in between his chewing "it's okay. . . I'll . . . Feed you the rest" he opens his eyes and holds his chest as he swallows the food down I slide his glass of juice over to him he gulps it down "ah" he says I shake my head and begin to eat. It's weird how he's being nice to me these days I heard him calling my name he sounded so frightened poor guy was worried about me . . . Wait a minute he was worried? He seems to be changing a lot these days. I say to myself as I watch him eat his food as if he hadn't eaten in days. "Thanks" I say he looks up "huh? . . . I haven't paid for everything yet" I laugh and shake my head "I mean for looking after me at the shoot and the hospital" he looks down and nods he continues to eat. Slowly but surely I finish half of my food I will never starve myself again.

Ji pays for our meal and I have the rest of my food in a container we go into the car "do you feel better now?" He asks me I nod my head "hotel please" he says to the driver I look at the city watching people go about their everyday lives and buildings we get to the hotel and go inside. "Thanks Mr Kim" he shakes his head "stop calling me that" he smiles I sigb "I'm your assistant -" he cuts me off "would I let my assistant go to my home unattended? Leah I have never trusted anyone the way that I trust you I know that I've been mean to you before but that was because I didn't know you" he says so sincerely I look at him . . . That was sweet but I'm confused why is he like this? What is up with his Jekyll and Hyde personality? we stop at the lift doors " so what are you saying?" I ask him "you have this reputation that everyone hates! You're egotistical, rude and act like a brat!" Ji looks at me clenching his jaws together "that's not me Leah" he says "well that's what your book says Ji!" He nods "okay, so with all the time you have spent with me you still don't know me? I thought that someone like you with common sense would know the difference between fact and fiction"

Did he just call me stupid?

Not knowing what to say I cross my arms over my chest "huh"I press the button and wait for the lift "Leah" I lift my hand up in front of his face not looking at him the doors open "I demand you to talk to me right now" he says in an authoritative voice I look back at him raising my eyebrows "excuse me?!" I say to him he leaps a few steps back away from me "Mr Ji it seems like you have forgotten who you are talking to" I say walking up to him he puts his arms down he is not impressed with my attitude " hold on, who is the boss here? Me! Who's name is on your pay check? Mine! Who just took you out of the hospital and spent €150 on a meal that you didn't even finish! I did! . . . So Leah, think twice before you start giving me an attitude!" I froze I have never seen him this angry this was unusual this time his words actually affected me I felt my heart crack inside I shut my mouth and nodded. "Okay"

"Ji!" A voice screamed down the foyer I hear a pair of shoes clink clanking towards us Leslie's boney arms wrap around Ji "I made it dear!" Made it? What is she talking about? Ji breaks his gaze from me and looks at Leslie "ah how did you get here" she laughs then looks at me "what are you doing here? Ji I thought I told you to fire her?" He looks at me " oh yeah" he says and laughs as if he had just remembered "Leah . . . You're fired." No emotion on his face but I can tell he's hurt because it was for real this time. I nod my head " okay my Ji I will be on my way" I go into the lift coming up to my floor it was a slow journey to my door I felt broken, tired and confused I walked slowly to my door I got into my room and shut the door I slumped myself onto my bed and begin to cry.

What a bastard! Can't stand him! I think to myself I sigh and wipe my eyes and look at the time it's 19:45 I look into my purse and I have a lot of money inside first thing tomorrow morning I'm out of here I go to take my bath. As I soak in the tub I think about my group even if I don't have this job I can start my group I will find another job. I finish and slip on my pjs I pack my suitcase and climb into bed and watch tv not knowing a lot of what they are saying I watch a film to take my mind off Ji slowly I fall asleep.

Friday Morning

I wake up it's 7am I take a shower and get dressed. Not bothering to eat I pick up my bag and leave Ji's planner on the bed I quietly leave the room and go down to the foyer I check myself out "says here that you still have three more days and they've already been paid for" I shake my head "just check me out please" the receptionist types away in the computer "I would have to contact Mr Kim-" I cut her off " do whatever you have to do" she shakes her head and continues. I walk out not bothering to listen to her thank me I walk past some cleaners "she got fired by Ji last might that's the girl!" I walk past them and grab a taxi getting to the airport I pay the taxi and go to book my ticket I grab it and get going "Miss Adams!" I hear my name it's the driver "where are you going?" I look at him and answer sarcastically "on a trip to Hawaii, where do you think I'm going?" He smiles "why are you leaving? Mr KIM-" I cut him off "Mr Kim doesn't need me anymore okay?" He frowns "he fired me" his eyes widen "what? Why?" I look at my watch then at him "why not ask Leslie I've got to go" he shakes his head "Leslie again. But wait Miss Adams let me just tell you something" I look at him "I . . . It's just that I haven't seen him this happy in years, since he first built downtown records I know he acts hard and obnoxious but he talks about you a lot " I look at the ground what does he mean? "he does?" I ask and he nods his head. "Safe journey back home Miss Adams he says and walks away I walk to my gate and wait for my plane. If he talks about me so much why is he such a hardhead? . . . But it's partially my fault he did take care of me. I shake my head as I think to myself the way he spoke to me last night plays in my head over and over again hmm? He probably doesn't even know I've left. . . Whatever. I go to the cafe and order some food since I've got half an hour before my plane is ready.