chapter five

by the time louis and harry make it to school the next day, everyone is talking about the party zayn is throwing. louis gingerly gets off the bike, his ass sore (harry hit a pothole with only the back wheel, on purpose) only to be attacked by people asking for details.

"don't ask me," louis pushes past some red headed freshman with big teeth, red hair, and too many freckles. "it's not my party."

"will you be there?" she urges with hearts in her eyes. louis fights the urge to throw up all over her knock-off purse. 

louis isn't rude or stuck up - really, he isn't - but when girls like this practically shove their boobs in his face, he gets a little appalled. he's openly gay for christ's sake. why can't people accept that?

"seeing as it's my best friend's party, yeah," louis rolls his eyes and keeps walking. "i'll be there."

the girl - louis doesn't even know her name - walks beside him up the sidewalk to where his friends are waiting. louis can feel harry's smirk behind him, and he fights to keep from turning around and smacking it off his face.

"maybe i'll see you?"

a laugh explodes from nowhere and at first louis thinks it came from him. he stops and puts a hand to his mouth. it's closed. then where did the -?

"really?" harry throws his arm over louis' shoulder, stepping between him and the girl. "you think he would want to see you at a party?"

louis groans, squeezing his eyes shut. he can already feel a headache coming on and he hasn't even made it inside the school building yet. 

"harry..." louis sighs and stares at his twin, waiting for harry to fix the situation. the freshman girl looks like she's on the verge of tears and harry rolls his eyes. 

"babe," harry says with a smirk. "louis is gay."

the day for louis passes rather uneventfully after that. it's just a blur of one class after anothing. monotonous teachers, paper planes, dodging pencils, and throwing pencils back and harry and zayn. when lunch finally rolls around louis has relaxed and fallen into his usual mood: why tgive a fuck?

"i can't believe so many freshmen are going to be at your party, zayn," eleanor says a bit grumpily as she sits down. she stares at the red apple in her hands, almost  glaring at it as if it killed her cats. "it's going to suck."

"el, calm down," barbara soothes, massaging her best friend's shoulder blade. "when we were freshmen we would have killed to have seniors invite us to an end of the year party. just let them have it."

"half of them probably won't even be going," liam says. "it's cheerleading tryouts for incoming freshmen and underclassmen, so half the girls will be there and not at zayn's."

eleanor lets out a sigh of relieve and reaches for niall's plastic knife before he can cut into his cherry pie tartlet. 

"excuse me ma'am," he says, staring at her. "i do believe that was mine."

"get your own," eleanor laughs, starting to slice the skin off her apple. niall rolls his eyes and gets to his feet, walking off to get another knife. 

"harry do you and louis want to come back to mine after school?" liam asks, opening up his bag of popcorn. eleanor reaches over and snatches a handful before he can tell her to stop. "i got the new cod game, and i wanted to know if you guys wanted to come play with me. zayn and niall might be coming too."

"sure," louis volunteers for both him and harry. he knows harry will go along with whatever he wants to do. sure harry might complain a little and whine, but he'll do what louis wants. 

harry always does what louis wants. 

"can we join?" eleanor asks, nodding to herself, perrie, and barbara. "we've got nothing better to do, and watching you guys play video games is always entertaining."

"i don't think it'd be a bad idea," zayn says, wrapping his arm around perrie's waist. "i mean, what could be the harm?"

"sure," liam shrugs. "the more the merrier. should we order a pizza?"

liam and zayn continue to make plans, niall popping in to add his two cents when he returns from getting a new knife. louis eats his food - nachos and cheese - and listens idly. harry sits beside him, typing away on his phone. 

across the cafeteria, the red headed freshman and all of her friends stare at him, turning away only when he looks up. he can feel their eyes on him when he drops his gaze and he cringes. 

why can't people just realize that he's fucking gay?

[ guys you should follow me on instagram, and add me on kik. my instagram is  wowstylinsun  and my kik is  malikstagramz  ♡  ilysm babes ]