chapter two

louis squeaks and grips tightly onto harry's t-shirt as the bike comes to a stop. it lurches forward slightly and then drops back onto both wheels, the world suddenly ceasing to move again. louis shakily detaches himself from his twin and stands, happy to be off the death machine. 

"never, ever, again," he mumbles, taking off the helmet. "i hate that thing so fucking much."

"you say that every time you ride it," harry laughs, killing the engine and standing up. he lets down the kickstand and holds a hand out for louis' helmet. "and yet, you continue to get on."

"i just want the school year to be over and done with so i don't have to ride that thing with you every morning," louis snaps, thrusting the helmet into hary's open hand. "thank god this is the last week of school for us seniors."

"yeah," harry says in agreement, hanging the helmet from the handlebars of the bike. "but then we're off to college in two months and we can say bye-bye to all this."

harry gestures encompasingly with his hands and louis rolls his eyes. harry has always had a flair for the dramatic. 

"no," louis corrects. "i get to say fuck you later to that bike."

harry rolls his eyes and pulls out another cigarette. just as he's about to put it to his lips, louis reaches out and smacks it from his hand. the fag falls from his fingers and lands on the ground. harry stares at his, his face blank. 

"well i guess i won't be smoking that one."

"you're on school property!" hisses louis. he shakes his head and runs a hand through his hair, hoping to matt healy that no teachers or authorative figures saw harry take out the cigarette. "show a little decorum."

"what?" 

"decorum," louis huffs. "noun. dignified propriety of behavior, speech, dress-"

"stuff i don't care about," harry chuckles. "c'mon, lou. decorum was a vocabulary word two weeks ago. you knew i know what it means."

"louis! harry!" 

the twins turn at the sound of their names to see their friends waving them down from in front of the school entrance. eleanor waves excitedly him over as zayn and niall talk with liam, no doubt about the soccer game last night. 

"we're being summoned," harry laughs, bending down to pick up his fallen stoke. 

"would you leave that one-way ticket to hospice on the asphault and come on?" louis grips harr's wrist and starts to lead him across the parking lot. harry rolls his eyes and lets himself be tugged along. he knows there's no use in arguing with louis when he's in one of these moods. 

"hey, el!" louis smiles and lets go of harry's wrist, coming to a complete stop. 

"louis," she smiles back. 

"did you see the game last night lou?" liam asks, turning to face him. "wasn't howard amazing?"

"yeah, he was alright," louis shrugs. "i think donnovan should have gotten more recognition for that goal, though. after all he is a rookie."

"yeah, but yates is going to get rookie of the year," niall pipes in. "it's obvious."

"really?" zayn shakes his head. "i'm willing to bet it'll be donnovan."

"thank you, zayn," louis nods in appreciation of his best friend. he and zayn don't agree on much - other than pranks and comic books - but favorite soccer players are a thing they almost always have in common.

"you're welcome, louis," zayn nods back. 

"we all know yates is going to get it," eleanor says. 

the boys all stop and turn to face her as if she just called them all fat. zayn coughs awkwardly and harry, who wasn't really all that involved in the conversation anyway, laughs first. 

"you just think he looks good when he takes his shirt off at the end of the game," harry says. "you don't actually know his stats."

"are you admitting to also enjoying it when he takes his shirt off?" el counters back, crossing her arms over her chest and raising an eyebrow. harry scoffs and rolls his eyes. 

"uh, yeah," he says. "i have admitted to this multiple times."

harry is openly bi, which means half the school is thirsting for his dick. it also means people like eleanor and zayn have a secret competition with each other to see who can get in his pants first. louis is strongly opposed to the idea, but he can't really say anything since they've told him numerous times he can sit down and shut up. 

"he's your brother," eleanor pointed out once. "what are you going to do with him?"

louis, to be honest, really had nothing to say back to that.