Tragic Right?

A week had past since I learned their terible secret. Not saying that nothing happened during that week, just time flies when you're ignoring people. Let's get you up to speed.

 The day after the sleep over when Rosa dropped me off, I was attacked by Buster. It was nice having him back but life would've gone on without him, truly. Wyatt was the most excited about it. I just enjoyed the fact that he had a cone around his head so he can't pull out the stitches. I just find that stuff hilarious. My late birthday present was a shopping spree at the fabric store whichever weekend I choose. I have no idea what took them so long with just telling me that but I doubt it's important.

In school type news, I had switched the people I hung out with. Instead of Amy and Tyler and Bahati, I opted to hang out with Satan (Why he was still here, I'll get to in a second) Nickolai and Alex. It was like some weird foursome. The Three Musketeers plus 1? Whatever. I still talked to my other friends too, Tyler and Bahati. They knew something was up with me and Amy and whenever they'd ask about it, I'd told them the truth: I didn't want to talk about it.

 And even though I didn't want to talk about it, I was still stuck with the thoughts of this and that and how it'd be now that I knew their secret. Now my initial anger had subsided day by day but it made me mad that it was secret this and secret that. Everything I did now was centered around that damn secret. Would it have been better if I didn't find out about it? Doubt it.

 It didn't make it better that I was still escorted by them between every class. The awkward presence of some one who wanted to die, figuratively. Amy, usually preppy and bright and other shit I'm not, was her normal self everytime she wasn't around me. When she was around, she imediately went quiet and would look down at the floor a lot. Her brother was the opposite of his normal self as well. Instead of being his normal asshole self he was silent as a rock and just as stoic. It was unnerving.

 I was used to him being the complete dick that made my day a living hell, but now it was different. When I'd be at my locker, he stand there and wait, arms crossed, face blank. Or stern looking. Whatever it was, it wasn't speaking to me. Just standing, waiting on me.

"You know you don't have to escort me anywhere, right?" I asked randomly one day as I put my bio book in my locker. Trying to go back to normal, or at least lighten the atmosphere around us.

He, leaning on the locker a few down from mine, looked over at me for a minute then turned back the other way. I have no idea what that was even supposed to mean. Was that a yes or a no?! He can even get under my skin while being silent. Hate to admit it, but this asshole had talent.

I'll skip the munotany of the first part of Friday and go right into lunch. Alex, Nickolai, Satan, and I were all at our usual table. No soccer team to come a ruin it. Just conversation about random shit. The usual as it was now. And I didn't mind it but I had to do something about those two. The way he "stiffed" me earlier really struck home. I needed to talk to the both of them.

I craned my neck over to the clock on the wall, checking the time. I needed enough so I could talk to them before anyone else would come into whatever room we got to first. I "excused" myself from the table and went and grabbed Amy. She was smiling and all before I got there. Now she was stale faced as she walked with me. I purposely walked us past Trace and his friends before walking out the door. I knew he'd follow. You'd have to at least be curious as to why your sister and the girl who knows your secret are talking about.

 I decided that the library was the best place to have a disscussion like this. The whole wooden table and chairs set up reminded me an interrogation. What I had in mind was far from an interrogation though. I was surprised Amy didn't stop and ask me where we going. It was like the library was close to the cafeteria at all. It was a walk, and hopefully it was worth it too.