Welcome To Greyport, Population Whatever It is Now +3

Hey y'all. Sorry it took me so long to post this, I've been sick for a whole week. Anyway, this is pretty long and I had to type it in parts. The song over dere >>> should be played towards the end (if you make it that far lol) Anyway, leave me a comment, vote if you like, be a fan if you want more (I'm posting the story without or without fans regardless lol). Oh and don't go to hard on me for the typing errors, They're in there, I'm just not going to type this whole thing over to fix them lol..

_______________________________________

 That morning we left the city I grew up in. To mention the name now would only bring back memories of the past, good and bad. I was going to be with my dad as a family but still I was somewhat sad to leave my whole life behind. My friends and what little family I had there.

  But then again. I got to be with my dad for the first time in almost a year. It wasn't like my parents had gotten a divorce. In fact they loved each other like overly hormonal teenagers. It was a sweet in a way, but still gross. My parents, mainly my dad, worked in the city but due to down sizing, he was laid off. So to keep us from going under he found a job at a ship yard at some rinky dink hick town. He would send us money for rent and food and whatnot. And now that we had enough money, we're moving in with him since there's nothing really left for us, besides my life but whatever...

  So Greyport, the new boring name of the town we just moved to, was a seven hour trip. More or less, hell, I don't know. Being stuck in a mini van with a five year old, a thrity-something year old woman, and a big ass hairy dog, definately isn't my idea of fun. The whole time they sang the greatest hits like "The Wheels on the Bus" and playing "I Spy". I ruined that when it came to my turn by saying, "I spy with my little eye something hot and steamy."

(In case you were wondering, it was a car parked on the side of the highway with a couple in it doing all sorts of hot and steamy things, if you know what I mean.)

  And maybe an hour or two after that, we finally drove past the wooden "Welcome to Greyport" sign. To my surprise, it wasn't a complete hick town, but then again I hadn't seen the whole thing. It was just a small town with actual cars instead of tractors. They even had paved roads, They had a more than stable business at the harbor. I knew for a fact that was true because my dad works there as a shipping manager.

 The harbor was, however, nowhere in sight. The stores on this street faced towrds the park, with a noticibly big ass castle playground (complete with slides, ladders, stairs, monkey bars, and a sandbox. You gotta love that.) that was infront of the beach. There was trees here and there, which had been there for years seeing how big they are. And to top it off there was a group of old timers planting flowers around them.

  I sighed. This place was admitedly nice but too nice. I knew imediately that I wouldn't fit in.

 "Kay, we'll be there in no less than five minutes. Bye Love ya." My mom said closing her flip phone. I guess I hadn't noticed her asking my dad for directions at all. Oh well. Not really important.

  And sure enough, no less than five minutes, we stopped infront of what I assumed to be our new house. It was a two story house with a front porch that stretched the entire length of the front of the house. The foundation was red brick and littered with flowering vines were climbing up the sides. The outerwalls on both stories were in the sickening cololr of yellow vinyl. It definately wasn't my favorite color but there was this magical thing called paint. Anyway, part of the roof was on the second story, right above the porch, in the shape of a squat triangle. It was a nice house minus the god awful colored siding. But then again, this is the first time I've lived in our own house, so what do I know?

  My dad, who's like in his early forties, was sitting on the porch swing waiting for us. Oddly the phrase porch monkey popped in my head. I guess it was that white quarter in me that needed to be let out.