Some Gift

Sorry for the extreme delay, I'm still recovering from surgery.

________

As Amy and I waited for her grandma, Satan came out and sat with us. The porch had two wicker chairs with pads on the seats. A wicker table in the middle of them. Amy sat in one, Satan in the other. I leaned against the wooden rail/half wall thing.

"So that whole thing bout the police hunting for you was just some elaborate plan to see me on my birthday?" I asked. Amy laughed.

"Pretty much," he answered, slouching down and crossing his ars behind his head, "At least one of us made an effort."

"You didn't see him on his birthday?!" Amy asked surprised at me... Like she knew me.

"His birthday had passed before I even knew I was moving."

She quieted down and pulled her feet up to the edge of the chair. Satan readjusted himself, sitting upright and stretching his arms out to the sides of him. "Like that matters." he joking rolled his eyes.

"You seriously had me worried! Knowing you, there's probably a warrant for my arrest!"

 He laughed and extended his hand, waiting for me to grab it. Reluctantly, I did and he pulled me from my make shift seat on the ledge and over to his lap. "What the hell are you doing?" I asked as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Can't I just give you a hug?" he asked, I could hear the smile in his voice.

"No." I joked

"You guys are so cute together." Amy butted in. I had forgotten that she was there even though I was facing her. Some "friend" I was.

We both laughed at her statement, even through the darkness I could see the pure confusion on her face.

"We're not together nor will we ever be." I tried to clarify for her.

It didn't work. I guess I'd have to go into complete detail later at her house, wether I had a choice or not. She nodded her head as a pair of head lights pulled up my driveway. I hopped off Satan's lap as Amy unfolded herself from the chair. Turning around, "Don't mess up my brother anymore than he is already."

 He hugged me from a normal angle this time, "Wouldn't dream of it."

 I let go and picked up my two bags. Amy had already gotten into the back seat, so I took that as an indication to join her there. As I put my back in the middle of the back seat, I did my last wave good bye (of the night) to Satan before climbing in and shutting the door. Rosa was happy to see me, finally not in her office. We had some question-y banter about my birthday party and that was it.

 The ride to her house was short but then again, in this town a car ride and a walk are totally different things especially when it came down to time. So if I really wanted o walk to her house, and accounting for my laziness, I'd be walking for some hours. Still adjusting to this "small town life".

 We pulled up to her house after driving down an overly bumpy dirt and gravel, tree covered road. Her drive way was black top and had some potted plants here and there. The house itself was one story with red brick to about waist level and tan siding on up. Atleast it was better than my horrible all yellow house. The porch was stained and wooden and only a few steps from the car.

 I collected my bags and exited the car, following the two of them as they entered the front door. "I'll show you my room first then the rest of the house."

 I mumbled a "K." and followed her. She lead me through a very outdated living room, round a corner, and down a short hallway. Her door was painted white with pink flowers on it, very Amy. Her room was just the same. Wooden furniture that was painted white with accents of the same shade pink. Her room had two beds, both of them twin and both of them had pink blankets on them.