The Cursed T-shirt

Chapter 3: The Cursed t-shirt

I blinked a few times, checking if I was really seeing what I was seeing.

Kelly and Ash... making out.

Oh my eyes!

I kind of just stood there staring like an idiot while Kelly's eyes shot daggers at me for interrupting her lovey dovey time with Ash. I glanced at Ash who was sitting there looking bored, clearly not affected by my interruption.

"What do you want freak?" Kelly whined.

"I live here."

"Well... well... whatever, can't you see we're busy, so scoot." I don't know why but for some odd reason Kelly loved to use the word 'scoot.'

"By busy I take it you mean sucking his face off?" I said in disgust. It's true, Kelly had basically been eating his face when I walked in, I almost felt sorry for the poor guy. Ash had yet to say anything and was just sitting there staring into space.

Earth to Ash. Are you there?

"What are you, five?" Kelly sniggered. "It's called kissing which you clearly haven't experienced." Was that seriously supposed to be an insult?

"You think sucking faces with any random guy you meet is something to be proud of?" I didn't bother saying that of course I had kissed guys before; I'm seventeen for god's sake.

"Well not everyone's an ugly virgin girl like you."

"Good one," I said flatly.

She decided to ignore me and turn her attention to Ash instead. "Come on baby; let's go somewhere a bit more private." She went in for a kiss on the lips but Ash turned his head so she only got his cheek. I couldn't help but laugh at that, I don't think Kelly's ever been rejected before.

Ash finally spoke after keeping silent during mine and Kelly's small dispute. "You can leave now," he told her.

The look on Kelly's face was priceless. "I'll call you," she said eagerly.

"Sure," he mumbled in an unconvincing tone. Kelly, however, believed him and a huge smile spread across her face. She got up in high spirits and pushed past me through the door way.

She suddenly paused. "Wait I don't have your number-"

"Bye," I said, shutting the door in her face. I looked over at Ash, wondering if he'd be annoyed as I hadn't given him a chance to give her his number. Instead he looked grateful.

"Damn, I thought it would take her longer to realise," he said with a smile.

"I don't blame you, her brain is the size of my Aunt Glenda's hairy mole," I told him. My Aunt's mole on the side of her cheek was definitely not a pretty sight. I shuddered at the image and plopped down next to Ash on the sofa.

He gave me a disgusted look. "Let's hope I don't have to meet this Aunt anytime soon."

"Don't worry; the mole migrated to Australia two years ago." I picked up the remote and switched on the television. We sat in a comfortable silence for a while just watching a random show on the TV.

After a while Ash broke the silence. "How was your date with detention dude?" I was wandering when he was going to bring that up.

"Detention dude has a name, its Adam," I corrected him. "And the date went fine, he's an awesome guy."

"But..." he said, reading my mind.

I sighed. "How can you tell?"

"You used the word 'fine' and you don't have a stupid smile that you can't remove for the rest of the night," he explained like it was that obvious.