Princess Makeover

Chapter 9- Princess Makeover

If there’s one thing I hated, it was people who snored. I had been in a deep, peaceful sleep, dreaming about chickens taking over the world. I was rudely disrupted by an awful sound that closely resembled a blocked toilet. It’s weird; I didn’t remember Ash snoring so loudly the last time we shared a bed. I must have been drugged or something, because there’s no way I would have slept through such an excruciatingly dreadful sound.

As the snoring became louder, I decided to take matters into my own hand. I was facing away from him so I quickly rolled over so that I was on top of him. “ASH SHUT UP BEFORE I-” I froze.

Familiar sleepy green eyes looked up at me in confusion.

“Sam!” I snapped, smacking him in the arm. “What the hell?”

He rubbed his eyes. “Did you just call me Ash?”

So he’d heard that bit… I didn’t know what to tell him. I wanted to tell him the truth but there was something preventing me from doing so. I just couldn’t deal with anyone knowing anything at the moment.  Not even my best friend.

“No idiot, I said ass,” I lied.

“Oh, must have heard wrong.”

I wondered where Ash had gotten off to. Did he leave in the middle of the night? Had he heard Sam coming so he was in actual fact hiding under the bed? For some reason I highly doubted it was the latter.

I sighed and rolled off of him back onto my mattress. “Why are you in my bed? You know I can’t sleep when you’re here. You snore like a rhinoceros!”

He sent me a glare. “I can’t help it.”

“And that is why I banned you from ever sleeping over.” When we were younger, I made the mistake of falling asleep next to Sam during a movie. His snores were so loud that I woke up and unintentionally punched him in the face. I felt sorry for the poor girl that was going to be his wife and share his bed every night.

“Your bed just looked too comfy, I was only supposed to rest my eyes for two seconds,” he explained.

I rolled my eyes. “Whatever.” I got up from the bed and let out a yawn. My mind thought back to yesterday’s events. It didn’t feel real, almost like it was a dream. I was both scared and excited to face Ash again. Yesterday we hadn’t really talked about us and what was going on. I for one wanted it to stay that way. Talking was so overrated…

At that moment, I heard loud music blasting out.

Ash

“So you still up for tonight?” Sam asked as I started changing out of my clothes. I really didn’t care about Sam seeing me in my underwear as we had known each other since we were kids and I knew for certain that Sam didn’t think of me in that way.

I pulled on a fresh t-shirt and looked at him in confusion. “What’s tonight?” I didn’t remember having any plans for today. “We’re not watching the notebook again are we?” Sam was secretly into chick flicks and forced me to watch them with him. Luckily in return, I made Sam sit through my long stack of horror films. He hates me for it.  

“You seriously have the worst memory. It’s Pamela’s party.”

I had completely forgot about Pam’s party. Pamela Davis was the girl in every guy’s fantasy. She was a blonde bombshell with a rack the size of basketballs. I’m not even kidding. Despite her similar appearance to Kelly, she was actually a really nice girl. She was just… how can I say this without sounding harsh- intellectually challenged. She once asked me if midgets had night vision.