Empty Threats

Chapter 11- Empty threats

I sat crossed legged on my bed, staring down at the half naked guy sprawled out across my bed.

I was completely baffled as to why Ash currently occupied half my bed space.

My head pounded as I tried to think back to last night. Boy, I must have a lot to drink. The first thought that had come to mind when I'd woken up next to Ash was that we'd done the nasty. Surely I couldn't have been that drunk to forget that. The fact that I was still in my clothes from last night had to be a good sign.

That still didn't explain why he was in my bed though.

I continued to watch him and couldn't help but notice how cute and childlike he looked when he slept. His mouth was slightly open and a tuff of hair fell across his forehead. I almost reached out to move it. Focus Dotty.

"Are you just going to stare at me all day?"

I jumped at the sound of his voice, nearly having a heart attack. I quickly regained my composure and glared down at him. "I wasn't staring. I'm simply trying to figure out what your fat ass is doing in my bed?"

He yawned, stretching his arms out in front of him. He looked at me with amusement. "I think I prefer you when you're drunk."

"Well I'd prefer you if you were a tadpole," I growled. "Would you mind getting out of my bed now."

He smirked at me. "You weren't saying that last night sweetheart."

My eyes widened. It couldn't be. I would have remembered sleeping with this jerkface. I wanted to cry. How could I let it get that far? I was no better than slutty Kelly. I stared angrily down at him. "You took advantage of a drunk underaged girl. That's low, even for you."

"First of all, you're not underage." He sat up slightly, placing his arms behind his head. "Second of all, I didn't take advantage of you Dotty. It wasn't my choice to stay here."

I was worried about what I had said last night. I must have embarrassed myself completely. Just let me crawl into a hole and die.

I groaned, pulling my legs up and burying my face in my knees. "What did I do?" I mumbled, refusing to look at him.

I shivered when I felt his hand on my back. "Long story short, you thought aliens were trying to eat you so you texted me to come pick you up. You then thought you were a koala and I was a tree and refused to let me leave."

I felt my face heat up. I was never drinking again. If Sam heard me say that he would laugh in my face. I always said I was going to quit and then the next day he would catch me with a beer in my hand.

His hand moved up my back to the back of my head. "Look at me Dotty."

I shook my head, refusing to look up. He was just going to mock me, I just knew it.

"Please Dotty, just look at me."

The tone of his voice wasn't humorous, instead, it sounded serious. I knew I couldn't hide in my knees forever so I slowly lifted my head, coming face to face with Ash's intense stare. He was no longer lying on the bed but was kneeling down in front of me. His hand began playing with a strand of my hair.

"About Marissa..." he started.

My eyes turned cold. "Ash, I really don't give a crap about what you and Marissa do."

"I just want to explain," he reasoned.

"I don't care," I said flatly.

"You say you don't care, but your hostility towards me says otherwise."